Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 268 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Sosefina Lealai (03/04/17)

Inspirational and
This Book Is Just Unbelievable. This Book Is So Touching And I Admire It. In Somewhat Way, I Can Actually Relate To Dave Pelzer's Story. My Parents Weren't So Much Like That. Instead, It Was My Parents Family Who Treated Me As If I Wasn't A Human Being, As If I Was An "It". But Even With That Happening In My Past, This Book, Dave Pelzer, Has Showed Me How To Appreciate Things In Life And How To Take Every Little Single Thing For Granted. I Use To Be The Type Of Girl Who Would Blame Myself For My Past, Who Would Be Picky On The Food I Eat, Who Would Argue With My Siblings. But After Encountering This Book, All Of That, Has Changed. I'm More Loving And Appreciative And I Thank This Book And Dave Pelzer For That. I Hope In The Future, There Can Be More Inspiring Books/Stories Like " The Boy Called It ". Thank You For A Phenomenal And Overwhelming Book.
Selene (11/26/16)

The child called it
Love it
kathy walsh (08/18/16)

Sad
This book was very good unfortunately was very upsetting. How anyone could do what this child went through?
Stephanie (04/13/16)

my review
This book is really sad. I can imagine going through some things the little kid when through but not all. I don't get how he could even survive. I would of just left the mom and ran away to find the dad. Or just go with aunts and uncles cuz the dad didn't even try and help he just left.. just like everyone else..??
Jennifer K (03/21/16)

A Child Called It
I read this book and the other two in the trilogy. This first of the three is an amazing first-hand account of the survival of a little boy trying to grow up with a sick and twisted mother, with no relief in sight. I cried through much of it, while seeing it through his eyes. Amazing that he grew up at all, let alone the good man he became. Love this book!
Bannessa (10/16/15)

The child call it
It's a good book
tammy sanderlin (09/05/15)

way good book
Couldn't put it down.
yolo99182 (05/29/15)

haert melting storie of boy who mently and physically abused
This book was written with the intention of letting the world know that life is not that bad for most people. Unlike me, Dave Pelzer suffered a horrible life. If you were treated like this, try and get help from a therapist. Sometimes talking about your problems is the key to forgetting them.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y