Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

yolo99182 (05/29/15)

haert melting storie of boy who mently and physically abused
This book was written with the intention of letting the world know that life is not that bad for most people. Unlike me, Dave Pelzer suffered a horrible life. If you were treated like this, try and get help from a therapist. Sometimes talking about your problems is the key to forgetting them.
Emily (05/06/14)

I loved it!
I cried so many times, I read this book over and over again. It's so sad but it's inspiring.
Al (04/13/14)

Good
Great read. Highly suggest it. Couldn't set the book down once I picked it up.
kitty (03/14/14)

sad
I read the entire book in 2 days it was so hard to put down and I cried about 10 times :(
Bailey Renee (12/18/13)

OMG 3
AWESOMEE book. AWESOME. it was soo sad and showed me you should never take your life for granted.. ever. Everyone should read this book. Yes, it's sad... but it shows you how some peoples life are. I just want to ask the parents WHY. WHY the heck would you do that? how cruel. I don't read books.. but... this book was DEF worth reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brianna and tianna (09/04/13)

a child called it
I loved the book. It was amazing.. When I started reading page one it made me wanna keep reading. It is sad but interesting.
egypt wshum (05/30/13)

the boy called it
To be honest I was never a reader but this book made me want to start reading. This is just sad, what happened to this little boy, and I'm glad he overcame this crazy thing.
dymon (04/03/13)

why
I have see this book everywhere in my school, thinking it was just a book, but when I finally got to reading the book I got sucked into it. The way the mother was it just hurt me. He was such a strong boy; I don't know if he is still alive but if he was I wish I could meet him, plus I mostly blame the Dad for getting the Mom into it all and leaving the kid when he knew what was happening. I love the book and if I could meet him I would kiss and hug him. btw im 12

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund