MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 265 reader reviews for A Child Called It

melissa (11/23/10)

A child called it Review
I LOVE this book when i read the book i cried 3 times i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Fogarty (11/11/10)

how great i think you are Dave,x
I read your first 3 books and I found myself searching for answers for you and I could see through the eyes of a hurting child thanks to you. As a mother you enhanced my awareness of how vulnerable we all are and not to underestimate what anyone is capable of doing and the sanctuary of inner strength. Your power to forgive and lack of self-pity and choice of life partner and son has made you the man you are today and a pat on the back for you. I would like to hear from you sometime.
Greetings from Ireland, Anna x x x
Daniela (09/28/10)

the child call it and the lost boy
I love both of these books. I can relate to the Child Called It the most. I'm so glad he keep trying for survivable and didn't give up even when he wanted to and I'm glad cps didn't give up on him either. This book has touched my soul in so many different ways. I didn't believe what he has gone through in his live. Many other children might be going through the same and don't even realize it, but somebody is out there to help you no matter what.
sjames (09/21/10)

a child called it the lost boy a man named dave
I love this book I could put it down. I read all the books and just found out his brother has a book too. Can't wait to read that one too.
jenny (09/20/10)

a child called it
When I first found this book I felt like if was gonna be a interesting book. When I began to read I began to feel bad for this young kid. I was so thankful that God gave me parents that love me and that feed me. But I wanted to help this kid out because no-one should be treated wrong.
Candace (09/20/10)

childed called it
When I read this book I was so sad for you. I'm glade that I don't have a sick mother like you. I'M SO SORRY that is mother did that to you. I hope You have a BETTER life now THAN WHAT YOU DID...SORRY.....

CANDACE
cynthia (09/10/10)

a child called "It"
This book is very sad. I am so grateful for my parents loving me. They give me everything and I'm glad that they don't abuse me. My parents did foster care and I was very lucky to see how some kids are treated. This book was given to me by a friend to show me how some kids so young are treated. Me and my friends cried while reading this book. " So don't take things for granted".
Mollie Parker (09/06/10)

The Child Called It
When I read this book I fault like I was so Lucky to have the life I have and the food I eat. But at the same time I was thinking what if I didn't and I was just like that little boy. When I would think about this I would start to cry and wonder how many kids are getting abused right now over half the world I believe..

• Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun