Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

skylarjohnson (12/09/10)

good but sad
As I read the book I cried so much it wasn't even funny. I had my aunt read she couldn't even finish reading it.
jess (12/07/10)

So sad
I want to just say I read all the book crying on every page. How could someone possibly feel that way towards her own child and be so evil? She is a disgusting woman and should have payed for what she did to David. I can't even imagine the pain and torture he went through. He must have to live through this nightmare his whole life.
frances (12/01/10)

the best
This book really touched me. It was very sad. It made me cry while reading the book because I once saw my sister reading the book and I loved it. I would like everyone to know if you read this book, refer the book to others, so that this story could be heard
mm (11/28/10)

My feelings toward this book.
Wow, this is an very emotional life for a boy. When I picked up this book it was hard to put down. I felt emotional sorrow for him (David). In this book it talked about his mother and him, beating him. At times I wonder why his mother hurt him, what did he do?
melissa (11/23/10)

A child called it Review
I LOVE this book when i read the book i cried 3 times i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Fogarty (11/11/10)

how great i think you are Dave,x
I read your first 3 books and I found myself searching for answers for you and I could see through the eyes of a hurting child thanks to you. As a mother you enhanced my awareness of how vulnerable we all are and not to underestimate what anyone is capable of doing and the sanctuary of inner strength. Your power to forgive and lack of self-pity and choice of life partner and son has made you the man you are today and a pat on the back for you. I would like to hear from you sometime.
Greetings from Ireland, Anna x x x
Daniela (09/28/10)

the child call it and the lost boy
I love both of these books. I can relate to the Child Called It the most. I'm so glad he keep trying for survivable and didn't give up even when he wanted to and I'm glad cps didn't give up on him either. This book has touched my soul in so many different ways. I didn't believe what he has gone through in his live. Many other children might be going through the same and don't even realize it, but somebody is out there to help you no matter what.
sjames (09/21/10)

a child called it the lost boy a man named dave
I love this book I could put it down. I read all the books and just found out his brother has a book too. Can't wait to read that one too.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes