Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

frances (12/01/10)

the best
This book really touched me. It was very sad. It made me cry while reading the book because I once saw my sister reading the book and I loved it. I would like everyone to know if you read this book, refer the book to others, so that this story could be heard
mm (11/28/10)

My feelings toward this book.
Wow, this is an very emotional life for a boy. When I picked up this book it was hard to put down. I felt emotional sorrow for him (David). In this book it talked about his mother and him, beating him. At times I wonder why his mother hurt him, what did he do?
melissa (11/23/10)

A child called it Review
I LOVE this book when i read the book i cried 3 times i loved it !!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Fogarty (11/11/10)

how great i think you are Dave,x
I read your first 3 books and I found myself searching for answers for you and I could see through the eyes of a hurting child thanks to you. As a mother you enhanced my awareness of how vulnerable we all are and not to underestimate what anyone is capable of doing and the sanctuary of inner strength. Your power to forgive and lack of self-pity and choice of life partner and son has made you the man you are today and a pat on the back for you. I would like to hear from you sometime.
Greetings from Ireland, Anna x x x
Daniela (09/28/10)

the child call it and the lost boy
I love both of these books. I can relate to the Child Called It the most. I'm so glad he keep trying for survivable and didn't give up even when he wanted to and I'm glad cps didn't give up on him either. This book has touched my soul in so many different ways. I didn't believe what he has gone through in his live. Many other children might be going through the same and don't even realize it, but somebody is out there to help you no matter what.
sjames (09/21/10)

a child called it the lost boy a man named dave
I love this book I could put it down. I read all the books and just found out his brother has a book too. Can't wait to read that one too.
jenny (09/20/10)

a child called it
When I first found this book I felt like if was gonna be a interesting book. When I began to read I began to feel bad for this young kid. I was so thankful that God gave me parents that love me and that feed me. But I wanted to help this kid out because no-one should be treated wrong.
Candace (09/20/10)

childed called it
When I read this book I was so sad for you. I'm glade that I don't have a sick mother like you. I'M SO SORRY that is mother did that to you. I hope You have a BETTER life now THAN WHAT YOU DID...SORRY.....

CANDACE

by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

Beware the man of one book

The Big Holiday Wordplay: