Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Anonymous (10/07/11)

Inspiring!
It's a great book. It's very inspiring! He had so much courage and strength and bravery! It's sad too! I was horrified!! I cried throughout every page!!! Great book! Great story! AMAZING!!!!
Jessie (10/01/11)

A Child Called "It"
This book was absolutely amazing. The fight for this child's life was so heartfelt and sad. I still am in shock that he has survived and became a writer. I was crying throughout the entire book. The torture from his mother was just so horrifying. But when I started to read it, I could not put it down. This is the book to read for a sad yet intense yet happy book.
Kallista (09/29/11)

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.
hayllie (09/09/11)

child called it
When I saw this book I didn't think that it was going to be very good, but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. When I was done reading the book I was thinking to myself he had to be really strong. Right now I'm reading The Lost Boy. Hopefully its as good as The Child Called It.
ebony (09/07/11)

what i think
When I looked at the book I said this book is going to be lame. But when I read the back of the book that's when I was like I have to read this whole book because I like books that have to do with somebody's life.
Dayana (07/07/11)

A Child Called It
I really think that A Child Called It is a really good book. Once you read the first paragraph you will be attached to it. When my mom told me to read the book I thought it was going to be super boring and I would just hide it under my bed like all the other books I disliked, but man was I wrong! If you are looking for a book that's emotional and amazing the book called: "A Child Called It" is the one for you.
shayla addison (05/13/11)

exceelent
I read this book and in my head I pictured what David Pelzer went through, and I was hurt, upset, and I felt really sorry for him, because no child or no person should go through what he went through--but he survived .....through it all I love reading this book and I would read it 1,000,000 more times ---- it tells a good message
Eva (05/10/11)

best
Best book I have ever read!!!

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R