Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Kallista (09/29/11)

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.
hayllie (09/09/11)

child called it
When I saw this book I didn't think that it was going to be very good, but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. When I was done reading the book I was thinking to myself he had to be really strong. Right now I'm reading The Lost Boy. Hopefully its as good as The Child Called It.
ebony (09/07/11)

what i think
When I looked at the book I said this book is going to be lame. But when I read the back of the book that's when I was like I have to read this whole book because I like books that have to do with somebody's life.
Dayana (07/07/11)

A Child Called It
I really think that A Child Called It is a really good book. Once you read the first paragraph you will be attached to it. When my mom told me to read the book I thought it was going to be super boring and I would just hide it under my bed like all the other books I disliked, but man was I wrong! If you are looking for a book that's emotional and amazing the book called: "A Child Called It" is the one for you.
shayla addison (05/13/11)

exceelent
I read this book and in my head I pictured what David Pelzer went through, and I was hurt, upset, and I felt really sorry for him, because no child or no person should go through what he went through--but he survived .....through it all I love reading this book and I would read it 1,000,000 more times ---- it tells a good message
Eva (05/10/11)

best
Best book I have ever read!!!
Katie (03/27/11)

BEST STORY
Dave Pelzer I been in those problems with our mom. I survived you did too.
miss.windover's class from cpims... (03/15/11)

The best book we have read this year
This book is really sad and the mother is a really bad lady. I think she should go to jail and get the death penalty for what she did to David. No one on Earth should ever have a mom that beats them like that. This is our class review on this book.

• Book Jacket: I See You
    I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh
    Clare MackIntosh has written a haunting thriller that has kept our readers at the edge of their ...
  • Book Jacket: Perfect Little World
    Perfect Little World
    by Kevin Wilson
    It might be the beginning of a tragic story: Izzy Poole falls in love with her mentally unstable ...
  • Book Jacket: Pachinko

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

K Your F C