MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Kallista (09/29/11)

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.
hayllie (09/09/11)

child called it
When I saw this book I didn't think that it was going to be very good, but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. When I was done reading the book I was thinking to myself he had to be really strong. Right now I'm reading The Lost Boy. Hopefully its as good as The Child Called It.
ebony (09/07/11)

what i think
When I looked at the book I said this book is going to be lame. But when I read the back of the book that's when I was like I have to read this whole book because I like books that have to do with somebody's life.
Dayana (07/07/11)

A Child Called It
I really think that A Child Called It is a really good book. Once you read the first paragraph you will be attached to it. When my mom told me to read the book I thought it was going to be super boring and I would just hide it under my bed like all the other books I disliked, but man was I wrong! If you are looking for a book that's emotional and amazing the book called: "A Child Called It" is the one for you.
shayla addison (05/13/11)

exceelent
I read this book and in my head I pictured what David Pelzer went through, and I was hurt, upset, and I felt really sorry for him, because no child or no person should go through what he went through--but he survived .....through it all I love reading this book and I would read it 1,000,000 more times ---- it tells a good message
Eva (05/10/11)

best
Best book I have ever read!!!
Katie (03/27/11)

BEST STORY
Dave Pelzer I been in those problems with our mom. I survived you did too.
miss.windover's class from cpims... (03/15/11)

The best book we have read this year
This book is really sad and the mother is a really bad lady. I think she should go to jail and get the death penalty for what she did to David. No one on Earth should ever have a mom that beats them like that. This is our class review on this book.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday