Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Katie (03/27/11)

Dave Pelzer I been in those problems with our mom. I survived you did too.
miss.windover's class from cpims... (03/15/11)

The best book we have read this year
This book is really sad and the mother is a really bad lady. I think she should go to jail and get the death penalty for what she did to David. No one on Earth should ever have a mom that beats them like that. This is our class review on this book.
Tay (03/14/11)

The Will to Survive
Dave was very courageous and strong willed. It amazes me that he even wanted to survive through all this. He was starved of love and desperately wanted to be a part of a family. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an adventure to find the love of a family.
Serene Nelson (03/07/11)

A child called "it"
I thought this book was very sad and no child should be treated like that. In my opinion the mother is horrifying.
maddy (03/06/11)

I think this book is really good but really sad if I ever saw a mother like that I would freak...!!!
jamin (03/05/11)

This book is so sad. I am in love with it.
Vanasa (02/22/11)

I loved this book. It is an amazing great book. It is a sad story but the ending is great. Thank You Dave Pelzer.
Erna Orbita (02/19/11)

A child Called 'It'
I love this book.... Because this little boy courage to survive. And he didn't spread their families' secret in order to protect his mother who played a bad game to him....

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple