Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 268 reader reviews for A Child Called It

miss.windover's class from cpims... (03/15/11)

The best book we have read this year
This book is really sad and the mother is a really bad lady. I think she should go to jail and get the death penalty for what she did to David. No one on Earth should ever have a mom that beats them like that. This is our class review on this book.
Tay (03/14/11)

The Will to Survive
Dave was very courageous and strong willed. It amazes me that he even wanted to survive through all this. He was starved of love and desperately wanted to be a part of a family. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an adventure to find the love of a family.
Serene Nelson (03/07/11)

A child called "it"
I thought this book was very sad and no child should be treated like that. In my opinion the mother is horrifying.
maddy (03/06/11)

uuugggghhhh
I think this book is really good but really sad if I ever saw a mother like that I would freak...!!!
jamin (03/05/11)

great
This book is so sad. I am in love with it.
Vanasa (02/22/11)

Wow.
I loved this book. It is an amazing great book. It is a sad story but the ending is great. Thank You Dave Pelzer.
Erna Orbita (02/19/11)

A child Called 'It'
I love this book.... Because this little boy courage to survive. And he didn't spread their families' secret in order to protect his mother who played a bad game to him....
Ivone Widle (02/11/11)

Ivone Widle
I love this book!!! I can't believe that this little boy had to go through so much. The story is so sad, but I love the happy ending. He became someone who has a great future as a writer and a great advocate against child abuse.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

The low brow and the high brow

O My D B