Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Tay (03/14/11)

The Will to Survive
Dave was very courageous and strong willed. It amazes me that he even wanted to survive through all this. He was starved of love and desperately wanted to be a part of a family. I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an adventure to find the love of a family.
Serene Nelson (03/07/11)

A child called "it"
I thought this book was very sad and no child should be treated like that. In my opinion the mother is horrifying.
maddy (03/06/11)

uuugggghhhh
I think this book is really good but really sad if I ever saw a mother like that I would freak...!!!
jamin (03/05/11)

great
This book is so sad. I am in love with it.
Vanasa (02/22/11)

Wow.
I loved this book. It is an amazing great book. It is a sad story but the ending is great. Thank You Dave Pelzer.
Erna Orbita (02/19/11)

A child Called 'It'
I love this book.... Because this little boy courage to survive. And he didn't spread their families' secret in order to protect his mother who played a bad game to him....
Ivone Widle (02/11/11)

Ivone Widle
I love this book!!! I can't believe that this little boy had to go through so much. The story is so sad, but I love the happy ending. He became someone who has a great future as a writer and a great advocate against child abuse.
Madison Mast (02/08/11)

Wow
This book is amazing, inspiring, yet very sad. I read books that I can feel what the characters in the book are feeling. When I read this book I had mixed emotions, sad, happy, excited, angry and anxious. A Child called It is about a small boy name Dave. He is abused by his mother. She made his life miserable. I like this book because it shows you just what it was like for him. Dave was the only one abused and he had it bad. His mother made him wear the same old holey clothes to school everyday, she never even washed them. If you like thrilling books that can make you cry and still be happy this is the book for you! I really encourage you to read this! :)

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone

K Your F C