Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 265 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Ali cruz.3 (12/17/11)

The child called it was.. just..
This book is amazing .. so depressing. If I were him I wouldn't know how to survive . it takes so my strength and courage to survive though that!
Emmanuel (12/14/11)

summary
Wow. This book is very good.
Jillian (12/10/11)

"the child called it"
It was a sad story, it's amazing how the story goes. How could someone just do that to a child. I recommend this book to anyone but EVERYONE!
byers1991 (11/24/11)

AMAZING!!
I read this book because it was recommended to me. It was an amazing book! Definitely makes you think twice when you say you hate your life if you don't get your way! You can read through this book and you will find that he didn't say he hated his life once! He did say he hated his mother but not his life! What she did to him was awful! I absolutely loved this book! I cried at least 4 times! GREAT BOOK!!
Jessy (11/21/11)

the child called it
This book is amazing. I'm not much of a reader, but when I read a page of it to please my sister I couldn't stop. If your looking for a good attention grabber this is your book.
Mariah (11/21/11)

A Child Called It
First book I ever read. I read it in one day. It was just sad to read. At times I felt like crying. Then at other times, I felt like puking.I don't know how anyone could ever go through that then be able to forgive. It's honestly amazing.
colwat (11/09/11)

Liked Book Across America
Well to start off I couldn't put it down because its just unspeakable. I definitely recommend this book to anyone. Just read the first chapter or two and see if you like it. I guarantee you will though.
Deja Graves 3 (11/01/11)

I Love This Book
My Friend Started Reading It and then she told me to read a page to see if I liked it. I really liked it and I asked her to borrow her book and I read all day and night and I loved it . It's like I put myself into his shoes!

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All