Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

libby adams (01/08/12)

this book was fantastic! 3
I can not believe that you survived through all of that brutal beatings.. I am just glad that you did! All of your books are so fantastic.. I am going to read all of them! :)
sporty (01/03/12)

amazing story
I just cant believe you survived through all of this. I would have given up. But no, David never gave up. He pushed his way through his miserable life. His mom didn't know what to do after her husband left so she became an alcoholic and beat her kids. This book is AMAZING!
Shanaya (12/22/11)

AWSOME
This book is a sad true story about a boy who is trying to survive his mothers harmful games. I usually never finish books but for the first time this book carried me in to reading the whole thing. I recommend people to read this book to show how child abusing is. This is a book that I would read over and over again.
Amy (12/21/11)

Awesome
I loved the book when I picked it up i couldn't put it down, a story about a boy being abused :( But it's the best book I EVER read in my life
Ali cruz.3 (12/17/11)

The child called it was.. just..
This book is amazing .. so depressing. If I were him I wouldn't know how to survive . it takes so my strength and courage to survive though that!
Emmanuel (12/14/11)

summary
Wow. This book is very good.
Jillian (12/10/11)

"the child called it"
It was a sad story, it's amazing how the story goes. How could someone just do that to a child. I recommend this book to anyone but EVERYONE!
byers1991 (11/24/11)

AMAZING!!
I read this book because it was recommended to me. It was an amazing book! Definitely makes you think twice when you say you hate your life if you don't get your way! You can read through this book and you will find that he didn't say he hated his life once! He did say he hated his mother but not his life! What she did to him was awful! I absolutely loved this book! I cried at least 4 times! GREAT BOOK!!

• Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund