Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Deja Graves 3 (11/01/11)

I Love This Book
My Friend Started Reading It and then she told me to read a page to see if I liked it. I really liked it and I asked her to borrow her book and I read all day and night and I loved it . It's like I put myself into his shoes!
lizbeth (10/30/11)

a child called "it"
This book was magnificent, it was very sad but...... I don't know how to explain it. When I was doing a book report for school I was only supposed to read for 30 minutes but no, I read for an hour!! (: I would recomend this book to everyone!!
felipa miles (10/25/11)

The best book I read...
This book was very good I couldn't put it down it made me cry: To think that a mother could do such a thing to their child. But overall Dave Pelzer did a very good job at his novel, although he was writing about it when he was a child...
mariana lopez (10/24/11)

child called it
omg this was the best story that i have ever read it is really rarely that i ever pick up a book and start reading it.once i started reading it i broke down in tears
Alayna (10/17/11)

Amazing read
I rarely read, but once I picked up this book, I could NOT put it down. Hands down, the best book I have ever read. Such an inspiring story and so interesting. This story is horrifying and terrible, yet amazing. I recommend it to everyone. Amazing, amazing book.
Anonymous (10/07/11)

Inspiring!
It's a great book. It's very inspiring! He had so much courage and strength and bravery! It's sad too! I was horrified!! I cried throughout every page!!! Great book! Great story! AMAZING!!!!
Jessie (10/01/11)

A Child Called "It"
This book was absolutely amazing. The fight for this child's life was so heartfelt and sad. I still am in shock that he has survived and became a writer. I was crying throughout the entire book. The torture from his mother was just so horrifying. But when I started to read it, I could not put it down. This is the book to read for a sad yet intense yet happy book.
Kallista (09/29/11)

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.

One Month Free Membership

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place