MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 265 reader reviews for A Child Called It

lizbeth (10/30/11)

a child called "it"
This book was magnificent, it was very sad but...... I don't know how to explain it. When I was doing a book report for school I was only supposed to read for 30 minutes but no, I read for an hour!! (: I would recomend this book to everyone!!
felipa miles (10/25/11)

The best book I read...
This book was very good I couldn't put it down it made me cry: To think that a mother could do such a thing to their child. But overall Dave Pelzer did a very good job at his novel, although he was writing about it when he was a child...
mariana lopez (10/24/11)

child called it
omg this was the best story that i have ever read it is really rarely that i ever pick up a book and start reading it.once i started reading it i broke down in tears
Alayna (10/17/11)

Amazing read
I rarely read, but once I picked up this book, I could NOT put it down. Hands down, the best book I have ever read. Such an inspiring story and so interesting. This story is horrifying and terrible, yet amazing. I recommend it to everyone. Amazing, amazing book.
Anonymous (10/07/11)

Inspiring!
It's a great book. It's very inspiring! He had so much courage and strength and bravery! It's sad too! I was horrified!! I cried throughout every page!!! Great book! Great story! AMAZING!!!!
Jessie (10/01/11)

A Child Called "It"
This book was absolutely amazing. The fight for this child's life was so heartfelt and sad. I still am in shock that he has survived and became a writer. I was crying throughout the entire book. The torture from his mother was just so horrifying. But when I started to read it, I could not put it down. This is the book to read for a sad yet intense yet happy book.
Kallista (09/29/11)

reweiw
I read the whole book front to back and I was horrified. I thought it was a rather interesting book because of the brutal things the mother put this boy through. If I could this book a higher rating I would give it a 6, being super excellent.
hayllie (09/09/11)

child called it
When I saw this book I didn't think that it was going to be very good, but when I started reading it I couldn't stop. When I was done reading the book I was thinking to myself he had to be really strong. Right now I'm reading The Lost Boy. Hopefully its as good as The Child Called It.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T