What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

The Tale of Despereaux

Aug 2003, 272 pages

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

Eppen

Good
It was good.
Valerie

The tale of despereaux
It the best book ever and it is also very touching. I loved it!!! I like these kinds of books where there are animals and people in it,even though it is non-realistic. I advise everyone to read it
kreena

Tales of Despereausx
It is a great book. I love this book. It is the best book I ever read. I really don't like to read books but I like this one.
unknown

my review
This is a amazing adventure story that lures you in. It is one of the best books I've ever read actually , it is the best book I've ever read. This book is actually 4 books in one. The first story is about Desperaux tilling. The second book is about a rat named Chiaroscuro A.K.A Roscuro. The third book is about a slow-witted servant named Miggery Sow. The fourth and final book is about Roscuro and Desperaux finally getting out of the dungeon and when there in the castle they have no tails. I recomend to the ages 7-12 also, this is a winner of the 2005 Newberry award.
book fan

despereaux
This book is incredibly good. I like the dark and scary language.
Lollipop

great
I think this is a fantastic book. Filled with many details and adventure. It might be kind of hard to write a book report on it though. Anyways, I think the author did a great job :D
Rob

Desperific
This book is the best book I've ever read. Kate DiCamillo has just just hit the Jackpot. This book smells like honey. I recommend this book for kids and adults of all ages. Amazing!!!!
Sarah

Despereaux Delights
The tale of Desperaux is fantastical, and, read aloud, sounds like honey as Despereaux describes music. I recommend it for 3-6 graders because through that era, children are feeling that they need adventure.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Bitch
    Bitch
    by Lucy Cooke
    In middle school biology class, many of us were told that men hunt and women nest, that testosterone...
  • Book Jacket: Jackie & Me
    Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard
    Louis Bayard's Jackie & Me offers a fictionalized version of the early relationship between John F. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Facemaker
    The Facemaker
    by Lindsey Fitzharris
    The summer of 1914 saw the beginning of World War I, the bloody conflict known as the 'war to end ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Read Now
    How to Read Now
    by Elaine Castillo
    Toni Morrison once wrote, 'My project rises from delight, not disappointment.' This remark appeared ...

Members Recommend

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

Dirt Creek
    by Hayley Scrivenor

"A heart-wrenching mystery, Scrivenor's remarkable sense of place brings Dirt Creek to life. A stellar debut."
    —Jane Harper,

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

I Wishes W H B W R