What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Tale of Despereaux

Aug 2003, 272 pages

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

lexis lea

despereax, roscuro, miggery and soup
I think everyone should read this book, it is my favorite novel! There are some sad parts, but heroic Despereax risks his life to save a princess that is in a dungeon and a little girl with a butcher knife desperate to be a princess with a dumb normal rat. I love the book I give it a three thumb up
GO DESPEREAUX.
Sarah Lossder

the bes book on the face of the earth
The tale of Despereaux is the best book that I had ever reaad in my life. I really recommend this book to young readers who want a challange to read but wants it to be adventurous. I think that this is the best book that my teachers ever had me read my friend and I finished it in two days. Thank you Kate Dicamillo for writing the best book ever!
jessica7775

Despereaoux the mouse
After I heard this story I read it 3 more times so think the mouse called Despereaux inspired me me read a lot of books like Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
Erin

AWSOME BOOK!
I loved this book. it was full of excitement and courage and lots of things that make a book good to read. I could read this book over and over again.
Amy

Great read-a-loud
I am a mom who reads to her children at night. This was a beautiful and well written story.My children and I greatly enjoyed it. The only drawback to this book, though was that is was so good that I found myself reading to the children longer than I should have because we all enjoyed the story. Parents, should you read this book to your children you may have to be flexible about bed time for a few nights!
another dude that read this book

the tale of despereaux
This book was awesome! i give it....lets see....2...carry the one..... 50000000 thumbs up!
good book

LUV IT
I am so thrilled to have read this book! It is about a mouse, princess, some soup and a spool of red thread! If you think this book is not good at all you are WRONG! This is not an insulting book , if you read carefully you would understand it. This is a book you need to read till the end in order to understand it. Plus it goes back in time!
m.m

x-cellent book!
To those who don't like this book, knock yourselves out. This is one of the best books I've ever read. There are tons of twists to leave you thinking. Best of all, the tale of Despereaux picks you up and basically won't let go with all the excitement, but it won't make you get so OVER-EXITED that you burst! so take my advice, its an A+++++book! u would also think its great if you're doing a book report be cause its easy!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

Daughters of Shandong
    by Eve J. Chung

Eve J. Chung's debut novel recounts a family's flight to Taiwan during China's Communist revolution.

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T