What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Tale of Despereaux

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

Devin V

The tale of Despereaux
All in all this has to be the best book i have read in the twelve years of my life.
The One

My Review
Two Thumbs WAY up!!! I thought this is a great book for ALL ages young and old, who ever can read it. Ms. DiCamillo is a great writer who could direct in movies the way she enters feeling and mood into a book. Because of Winn-Dixie made a wonderful movie and so does Tale of Despereaux. She should continue and create more book to become world favorites!!! (Ages9-99)
Skylar Lane Maneely

The Tale of Desereaux
It is the best book ever and I have read it over three times and I want every one to read it. It is the best book in the world and it is about a mouse with huge ears and a princess. I love this book it ROCKS!
Livie Anderson

wonderful!
This book is a very interesting book. I thought that it was such a great book that I thought that I should read it again or pass it on to one of my family members. I gave the book for my mom to read, and she absolutely loved it! Now, my grandma is reading it. It was just a wonderful book!
Sabrina

The Tale Of Despereaux
An outstanding novel who anyone would enjoy and cherish!!!
Gessica

GREAT BOOK
This book is one you (even if you don't read much at all) will love to read any time. It is a great book and as a student I must say I LOVED THAT BOOK!!! It was about the 2nd best ever book the fourth grade @ my school has ever read!! Because of Winn-dixie is probably my favorite book we've read.
Steph12

AWESOME!!!
I think this book is great for all ages. Even if parents read it to their children, you cannot put the book down. Thrilling, romantic, and suspenseful. You are in for a HUGE treat!!!
shannon

GOOD!
I love this book! It is such a cute story and it is entertaining along with teaching didactic values!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Swans of Harlem
    The Swans of Harlem
    by Karen Valby
    Journalist Karen Valby's first book, The Swans of Harlem, introduces readers to the little-known ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T