What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

The Tale of Despereaux

Aug 2003, 272 pages

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

jackie

The tale of Despereaux” by Kate DiCamillo is an amazing work of antasy and fiction.
Anyone who liked “Because of Winn-Dixie” and “Tiger Rising” will enjoy this book. “The Tale of Despereaux” is about a young mouse named Despereaux who was born in the light and was unique compared to his other brothers and sisters. Despereaux has a unique quality of his big ears. This Book was a great book if you like a story about animals and humans and there companionship and how they react with each other. Like Despereaux there is also Roscuro who is a rat who causes a lot of trouble in the castle. There is Princess Pea. Princess Pea is the daughter of the queen. The Queen has a tragic end which you have to read the book to find out. Miggery Sow who is a young girl who was treated poorly throughout the book she believes that she can become a princess. Despereaux falls quickly in love with Princess Pea although no mouse is permitted to talk with a human Despereaux must follow his heart. This book is filled with misterys and twist

TextTextText
Erica

I love this book so much I bought a hard cover after I read it in school. I have read it again twice since. I recommend that you read this!! The author will hook you from page one.
jenny

Best ive ever read
nicole

This is a great book and alot of fun to read. It is a book you would want to read again and again.
Nichole

great book
Jack

I am in 5th grade, and I chose this book for a book report. This book really pulled me in. I liked how the author gets the reader's attention by directly "speaking" to the reader. It was a book I wanted to read and find out what happened in the end.
ana

I love this book
Kassie

I thought that TTOD had happy, sad, and angry parts in it. I also thought that every character was funny in their own way!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia