What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

#17 per.b

Awesome Literature
I thought that this book was really good and should be enjoyed by all ages. It was about a mouse who is portayed as a human. He likes to read and loves music. He finds a beautiful princess and falls in love with her. In the end.....( Read to find out)
Cloe

Amazing
This book is awesome. Teaches you a lot of things. A book that you would want to read over and over again. Suited for any age group.
B. Kennedy

The Tale of Despereaux
The Tale of Despereaux is a great book! I say it's the best book I ever read. It has many feelings that a lot of people can understand. The first time I heard the story was in Texas. My teacher read it to the class. But before she finished it, I had to move here. I was very sad until I found it in a book order. And so, we bought it, I finished it, and I decided that it was the best book I ever read. Now I'm reading it to my sister!
Isabella

The Tale of Desperaux
I thought the book was thrillng and exciting! I hope all children come to enjoy the message, story, and meaning in this great book.
ali

The Tale of Despereaux
This is one of the best books in the entire world. I loved it. Some people say the its insulting children and stuff but thats just one character its not like the author said that all children who are abandoned are fat and have impossible dreams thats just the way the story goes. But anyway it was such a great book.
noor khan

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
i think the tale of despereax was a great book. i got really into it, and i think that if you like action books, you will like this book a lot. i actually got really into it, and i dont always get into books.
Priya Smith

The Tale of Despereaux
This book is an awesome book. I think people should read this book because this book won't leave you hanging on the edge of your seat and this book is action packed with great adventures.
Alice

AMAZING
The Tale of Despereaux was an AMAZING story! I finished it in one day. I was experiencing everything. Twitching when someone hurt me and screaming when I saw Despereaux. This is a good book and so far, one of my top 5. Read and you will NEVER FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia