What readers think of The Tale of Despereaux, plus links to write your own review.

Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread

by Kate DiCamillo, Timothy Ering

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo, Timothy Ering X
The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo, Timothy Ering

Aug 2003, 272 pages

Apr 2006, 272 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Tale of Despereaux

cccc

good
It was a wild and amazing ride !! :) You and your kids will adore it!!
madison mason

tale of despereaux
Good book. It was very interesting to read and was a good book to dive into.
EB

Beautifully Written
This book was amazing. Kate DiCamillo teaches lessons that you will need in life. She wrote this book wonderfully in a series of events that held my attention. However, all those events sometimes got a little confusing and it was difficult to remember. But overall, children 9-12 will absolutely cherish this book!
Cameron

Read This Book!
This book is all about some soup, a princess, a maid named Mig, a Rat, some mice, a king and a queen as the main characters. This is a very fun story to read. You will always start to laugh and giggle or you will gasp in fear of something happening. It is an adventurous book. So if you like adventures come and read this book. You might get confused every now and then because, there are different books in the book. There all about the different characters. So when you get to the end of a book you have to wait till the end of the book to see what happens next. But that's just me. So if you like this review then you should read that book.
nyasia

The Tale of Despereaux
This was a book that I can enjoy and not stop reading.I have already read this book 3 times and I'm not sick of it - this book is so fantastic and it is very cute.
Love Books

Alright
This book was kind of weird, I had no idea what the main idea of it was but.. oh well. This book never got to boring but it did kind of get dull at some points. The characters were very weird in this book, but that's what gave this book a good up lifting vibe. Overall, it was alright.
Andria Gorgeous

yep, yep, yep!!!
this is a fantastic book but not one of the greatest:-( very hard to grasp until you actually get into it and serious about it.
Stephanie

The Tale of Despereaux
This book is not for younger children. The appropriate age would be 12. The story is one that teaches about empathy and forgiveness during times of abandonment and death. Not a fun, heartwarming,adventure seeking story.

Join and Save 20%!

by Kristina McMorris

Members Recommend

Dinosaurs
    by Lydia Millet

"Tender but never sentimental, wearing its intelligence in a low-slung style, Dinosaurs is a garden of earthly delights."—Vogue

W N, W Not

A book is one of the most patient of all man's inventions.