Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Hannah

Ella Enchanted is my absolutely favorite book. All girls anywhere from the ages of 10-16 and their moms will love it too. Ella of Frell is an excellent character, and the book has a great flow to it. A little bit of fantasy + humor + romance = great book. One caution is I don't recommend boys to read this. To all the men out there, don't waste your time on such a girly book! Although the targeted readers are limited, the story's can't-put-it-down-plot and unique characters make up for it's few faults. Attention girls: you have to read this completely awesome book!
Betty

This is a very great book that I think everyone should read. And to tell the truth, I fell in love with the prince too! I wish that I was Ella! Like none other fairytales, this one had the romance, comedy, and plot that no other fairy tale has! I am really glad that Gail wrote this book!But the horrible thing is, I don't have her bravery. Even though I read it already, I read it over again every day! I think that the book is finer than the movie even though I never seen it. I really loved cinderella, but I think that Ella Enchanted is 10 times better!
Maybe, they will make the movie disney cinderella cartoon style!
suzyQ

I love Ella Enchanted sooooo much!!! The romance the curse the boy it's all sooo good!!!!!!!I'm sooo excited for the movie and I wish it was coming out sooner the evil stepsisters the ogers the elves the thrill I love this book with all my heart it's my favorite and I've read all my libarary!!!!
Emma

Ella Enchanted is a wonderful fantasy. I read it at last 4 times! The writing sounds like a real 14 or 15 year old girl under a spell. Ella is quirky, full of energy, and fun-loving. I reccomended this book to one of my friends and she loved it!
Megan

It is only the best book in the world! I think I have read it 100 times! I once met Gail Carson Levine at my school when she visited Germany, and it was the coolest thing ever! I also love her other books like The Two Princesses of Bamare and the Princess tails. The author adds a personality to the tales that make it real! My favorite is of course Ella! You made her nice, and yet not perfect, so girls could relate! I wish the movie was coming out sooner! I also hope that she writes more books!
calgirl

I absolutly loved this book. As a 14 year old i still read it over and over again. i was so excited when i found out that they were making a movie. I think that the directors picked the perfect actresses and actors for the movie. I think that Anne Hathaway will do the best that anyone can do. I recommend it to everyone!
Lorene Henderson

THIS BOOK IS AWESOME! ANYONE THAT SAYS OTHERWISE HAS AN ADDITUTE PROBLEM! THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK, EVER! I HAVE READ IT OVER 4 TIMES! It may seem weird, but I love this kind of book. Gail Carson Levine is a great author and I can't wait to read her other books. This book deserves a 5 out of 5 rating.
Becky

I thought i wuz a really good book! I wuz soooo excited when i heard that they were making a movie out of it ( its coming out April 2004 ). I loved i so much that i read other books by the other in hopes of finding another winner! and i did! i would recomend The two Princesses of Bamarre to everyone also. Good Luck finding other good books *Beck*

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You

by Andrea Barrett

W N, W Not

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child