What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Lindsey

Ella Enchanted was definately the best book! Gail Carson Levine makes it totally original
Naika

Ella Enchanted seriously is one of the best books I have ever read. It's not like the plot's really complicated or anything, it's the mere simplicity of the book that really stood out. The thing that stood out to me most is the way Gail really made her characters come alive in this book. It's almost as good as getting a new best friend.

It's rightly classified as Cinderella in a way, but it takes you into a depth of character you never could have assumed possible. Meaning that, okay, sure, in the movie, Cinderella's this little goody-two-shoes girl who likes to do whatever people tell her to, or maybe, like in the movie Ever After, Danielle doesn't really have a choice, her stepmother beats her if she doesn't do the work. Okay fine, I sympathize with all you Cinderellas out there! BUT, it really made my head spin when I sat down and read this book, and the first thing I read was about this stupid little fairy putting a "curse" on little Ella, that she has to be obedient no matter what.

Not only that, it takes us through every single joy and sorrow of Ella's life, and really made me want to laugh or cry with Ella. This book has inspired me in so many ways, thank you Gail for writing it!
~Naika
susie

it is an awsome book! i love it soo much
Louise Smith

I thought Ela Enchanted was the BEST book I have EVER read!!!!!!!!!!!
when you read it it takes you into a world of your own where you are one of the characters.
I am 13 and it still enchantes me, just goes to show it doesn't matter how old you are, it is still an enjoyable book.
When i watch the movie in April i will look at Anne Hathoway in envy because I will wish i was her.
sophie

my name is sophie and im 13 years old. I really love to read Ella Enchanted and its like Cinderella but its have alot of fairies,orges,giants and elve. I really like to the ending of the story its really awsome!!!!!!!
I'm going to read it again is really romance and magical.
sweet_brown_sugger

THIS BOOK WAS SOOOOOO GREAT! IT IS ONE OF MY FAV BOOKS! YOU HAAAVE 2 GET IT!
K Shelly

I LOVE Ella Enchanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to read it with a group with my reading level at school. I was a little disappointed though when it was like Cinderlla.I mean,glass slipers,balls, mice into horses,pumpkin carriage,having to leave at midnight,a stepmotherand stepsisters,fairygodmothers,and finding the perfect fit for the slipper.That's a count of 8 things the same.I'm at a young age,and pleased of being able to read it.I really enjoyed it.And for those of you who haven't read it......
READ IT!!!!
Emily

I thought Ella Enchanted was going to be a BOOOOOOOOORING book. But I was very, very wrong. when I read the first few chapters, I was glued to it for 3 hours! I think it is the best thing sonce I raed Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix! YOU BETTER BUY THIS BOOK IF YOU DONT HAVE IT! It is SO great!

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

Dinosaurs
    by Lydia Millet

"Tender but never sentimental, wearing its intelligence in a low-slung style, Dinosaurs is a garden of earthly delights."—Vogue

W N, W Not

The moment we persuade a child, any child, to cross that threshold into a library, we've changed their lives ...