What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Denisse

I absolotly loved Ella Enchanted!! I had to read it for a school book report but it turned out to be so good I finished it the very sme day I got it! Today I found out it is going to be tuned into the movie.!!!
Michelle

This book is incredible. It's romantic and funny and I loved every part of it! I just wanted to tell all the Ella Enchanted fans that they're making a movie based on the book, but they've completly changed the plot, made it into a musical, changed characters, and changed the time period. There is a petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/eefilm/petition.html asking Miramax to change the name of the movie so it isn't confused with the book, since it is so different. Please, anybody who loves the book as much as I do sign the petition. Thank you.
soccer&rowingqueen

Hi I was reading some of the reviews and I read Blond Baby Blu review and she is right I think older girls would like this book- it's a book for every age! I am 14 and I read the book over and over again. It's every girls dream to marry a prince and most girls can relate to Ella shy and clumsy self. I loved everything about the book the author brought it alive. I could read this book a million times and never get boared of it. I recomend this book to eveyone in search of a romantic/comedy fairy- tale. I think the book is becoming a movie (but I'm not sure) so keep an eye out for it (it is truly worth paying to see.)
krissy

this is such a great book and Gail really takes you into this cinderella story.
Joanne Kim

This book was AWSOME. It wasx amazing. It inspired me! Ella Enchanted was also very romantic and exciting! I would recommend it to everyone in the world!!! I cannot descibe it anymore since it was so BEAUTIFUL!

READ IT!
Blond Baby Blu

Hi,
I was just reading a few of your reviews and some of them talked about how older girls should read it too. Well anyways I am sixteen years old and I still read this book a million times a year. I've been reading it since I was eleven and I still find new fascinating details to captivate my attention. It's the best ans I'm so so so so excited for the movies release in August. I looked up the cast and it's going to be great. Everyone go out and make all of your friends read it and then drag them to the theater when it comes out. There are some more books similar to Ella Enchanted, the author takes a well known fairy tale and creates something new. Heres the list I hope you all will try them, they look long but once you start your hooked until the end. Rose Daughter- Robin Mckinley *****
Spindles End-Robin Mckinley *****
Sherwood Forest- Robin Mckinley*****
Beauty- Robin Mckinley*****
Deerskin- Robin Mckinley( young readers should not read this b/c of questionable material)*****
Jenny

Ella Enchanted was the BEST book I've ever read, a book full of fantasy...and unlike other stories about girls, this one actually has a main FEMALE charater who's brave and smart, not at all like cinderella :) read it if you love fanatasys with adventures
Hannah

One more thing to say. I always thought Cinderella was just a real weak girl who couldn't even start to stand up for herself. I mean, how many times have you watched the Disney Cinderella??? Don't you ever just want to walk up to her and say : "What's wrong with you??? Why don't you just run away? You won't have a fairygodmother for the rest of your life. Get real!" (Sorry if I'm being sort of harsh. :)) Anyways, Ella Enchanted finally answers the question we've all been awaiting ; Why is Ella soooooo vonerable?? (Did I spell that right? Please excuse, I only 11 yrs old) The fact is, she's not. She's actually being phisically forced to work for her stepsisters. Just one more thing to say: Everyone has to read this awesome book!!

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.