What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Ally

I loved this book. It's about a girl who cant get rid of her terrible gift of obedience. You should read it if you havn't!
Caitlin

Wow it was great! Except I think that the author should've described Char better. I had a hard time picturing him in my head.
Yameena S, ON

I was totally 'Enchanted' by this book and hope that Levine will write more about Ella and her new life as Queen of Kyrria and bride of Prince Charamont.
I was very satisfied at the ending however wished that the book extended till there were no more trees to supple paper or till I died because even though it was satisfying and I will read the book over and over again, it shall never seem the same because now I know the ending.
Kate

Although I am growing a *little* old for this book, I loved it to death when it first came out; and now it is a charming read. The only thing is--I am not looking forward to the movie one bit. You know they can't possibly make it like the book. I don't think I am even going to rent it.
Jessica

Yeah it was pretty good i guess. But not so great like all you people say. im just no into these kind of books. But i know you all like it so i had to give it a 5 because it just wouldnt be fair to everyone.
Liza

This was such a great book! There is a movie coming out soon. I just hate how The girl from princess diaries is playing the role. She is just too old![
Ashley

I LOVE Ella Enchanted! It is the best book ever! You really do feel you are right there with her. Heck! I feel like I am her! It is just one of those stories that you can read a thousand times and never get sick of it. The characture just come alive. And Ella isn't a dissy little girl trying to impress everybody, she is frisky, witty, and a whole lot of fun! I can't wait till the movie comes out!
Danielle

Ella Fans, DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU! Ella Enchanted is becoming a movie! I was personally crushed discovering this, probally cause I wanted to be Ella, but hey, thats life. Ella Enchanted stars Anne Hathaway The Princess Diarys and Hugh Dancy Black Hawk Down, and directed by Tommy O'Haver. [br][br]Am I ever pumped![br][br]I read Ella Enchanted in third grade and I am still in love with it, and I'm in grade eight now. Gail has also written another book, but the name escapes me. Another good author is Meg Cabot, CHECK OUT ALL AMERICAN GIRL it rocks![br][br][br]Toodles, Danielle

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: After Sappho
    After Sappho
    by Selby Wynn Schwartz

"Someone will remember us, I say, even in another time."
    —Sappho, fragment ...

• Book Jacket: City Under One Roof
    City Under One Roof
    by Iris Yamashita
    When a disembodied arm and leg wash ashore in Point Mettier, Alaska, most residents assume they ...
  • Book Jacket: We Deserve Monuments
    We Deserve Monuments
    by Jas Hammonds
    Jas Hammonds' debut young adult novel We Deserve Monuments provides a fresh look at the coming-of-...
    Factory Girls
    by Leslie T. Chang
    Considering the articles in recent years regarding toy recalls or melamine-tainted milk ...

The Mitford Affair
by Marie Benedict
An explosive novel of history's most notorious sisters, one of whom will have to choose: her country or her family?

Members Recommend

Ghost Season
    by Fatin Abbas

A beautifully orchestrated debut connecting five people caught in the crosshairs of conflict on the Sudanese border.

Moonrise Over New Jessup
    by Jamila Minnicks

"Jamila Minnicks pulled me into pages of history I'd never turned before."—Barbara Kingsolver

Wade in the Water
    by Nyani Nkrumah

A gripping debut novel of female power and vulnerability, race, and class set in a small Mississippi town in the early 1980s.

C To T Q

Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best