Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

A Child Called It

Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Serene Nelson (03/07/11)

A child called "it"
I thought this book was very sad and no child should be treated like that. In my opinion the mother is horrifying.
maddy (03/06/11)

uuugggghhhh
I think this book is really good but really sad if I ever saw a mother like that I would freak...!!!
jamin (03/05/11)

great
This book is so sad. I am in love with it.
Vanasa (02/22/11)

Wow.
I loved this book. It is an amazing great book. It is a sad story but the ending is great. Thank You Dave Pelzer.
Erna Orbita (02/19/11)

A child Called 'It'
I love this book.... Because this little boy courage to survive. And he didn't spread their families' secret in order to protect his mother who played a bad game to him....
Ivone Widle (02/11/11)

Ivone Widle
I love this book!!! I can't believe that this little boy had to go through so much. The story is so sad, but I love the happy ending. He became someone who has a great future as a writer and a great advocate against child abuse.
Madison Mast (02/08/11)

Wow
This book is amazing, inspiring, yet very sad. I read books that I can feel what the characters in the book are feeling. When I read this book I had mixed emotions, sad, happy, excited, angry and anxious. A Child called It is about a small boy name Dave. He is abused by his mother. She made his life miserable. I like this book because it shows you just what it was like for him. Dave was the only one abused and he had it bad. His mother made him wear the same old holey clothes to school everyday, she never even washed them. If you like thrilling books that can make you cry and still be happy this is the book for you! I really encourage you to read this! :)
cutecutepixie (02/05/11)

A Boy Called It
This book is the saddest book ever it is about a brave young boy.His mother started abusing him at the age of 3. She burned him in the stove and made him say i'm a bad boy. She made him sit in the bath tub nude with cold water on and made him eat his brothers diapers. His mother drank a lot , his father tried to stop the abuse but he couldn't do anything about it. She didn't feed him and if he stole food she would make him vomit at the end of the day and if he did eat she would make him eat his own vomit. She would stab him and not take him to the hospital. He was the only one abused. I even cried when I read this book

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko

by Scott Stambach

"An auspicious, gut-wrenching, wonderful debut." - Kirkus, starred review

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place