Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 268 reader reviews for A Child Called It

crazy chick (08/18/10)

A Child Called It
i have to give this book a 5 because it was soooo good. I don't rlly read a lot, but I had to read this for a project in school and could not put it down! I cried, I smiled, I gasped, just like I'm sure everyone else who read it did. this was an amazing book. I am really sorry for Dave and I'm glad he followed his dreams and joined the Air Force!! For those who liked this book you should read the sequel!
joy (06/06/10)

best book ever
To start off I really don't like to read at all, but reading this changed my whole mind set on life. I could not put this book down when I started reading. I read this book in one day. I have never read a book this good EVER. I can't wait to read other books by him.
sammy (06/01/10)

omg
omg love this book...this is a book that i read when I think my life is bad....it makes me realize that yeah, things may be bad, but there not as bad as they could be!!
shonna (05/27/10)

sad story
This book is very sad, but very good. If I get the chance I will read it over - you should too!
Simone (05/21/10)

wow.
I am a 13 year old, and this book touched me like no other!! I cried, I smiled, and I even screamed! This book is like no other! It's warming, sweet, astonishing, and sad! I thank God every day for giving me a wonderful mother to depend on!! I ALSO WISH DAVE PELZER A WONDERFUL HAPPY LIFE!!
~simone
Yesenia (05/17/10)

A Child Called It
I thought this book was amazing because how he suffered was really astonishing. I am wondering if his mother felt ashamed of how she treated Dave?
a girl (05/14/10)

It
I have read this book. it was heart touching and very sad. Why didn't she go to jail? I mean she deserved it.
MARIA L. CANO (05/06/10)

A child called It
This has been the most greatest book of all time. I have never loved a book so much like this one. It let me realize that no matter how kids are they will always be kids and no one has the right to mistreat them. I cried and cried throughout the book. I recommended a lot, I could say I am not much of a reader but this is a great book. Bless your heart for telling us your story. Because of this I never hit my kids. I do put them in time out but I don't believe in miss treating them.;

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B

Y S M B, I'll S Y