Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 269 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Kylie (08/19/10)

Amazing
I read this book and I was so touched! I'm only 11 and I couldn't believe what this child went through! I'm gonna re-read this sometime soon, but people that think that their life sucks, need to read this book.
crazy chick (08/18/10)

A Child Called It
i have to give this book a 5 because it was soooo good. I don't rlly read a lot, but I had to read this for a project in school and could not put it down! I cried, I smiled, I gasped, just like I'm sure everyone else who read it did. this was an amazing book. I am really sorry for Dave and I'm glad he followed his dreams and joined the Air Force!! For those who liked this book you should read the sequel!
joy (06/06/10)

best book ever
To start off I really don't like to read at all, but reading this changed my whole mind set on life. I could not put this book down when I started reading. I read this book in one day. I have never read a book this good EVER. I can't wait to read other books by him.
sammy (06/01/10)

omg
omg love this book...this is a book that i read when I think my life is bad....it makes me realize that yeah, things may be bad, but there not as bad as they could be!!
shonna (05/27/10)

sad story
This book is very sad, but very good. If I get the chance I will read it over - you should too!
Simone (05/21/10)

wow.
I am a 13 year old, and this book touched me like no other!! I cried, I smiled, and I even screamed! This book is like no other! It's warming, sweet, astonishing, and sad! I thank God every day for giving me a wonderful mother to depend on!! I ALSO WISH DAVE PELZER A WONDERFUL HAPPY LIFE!!
~simone
Yesenia (05/17/10)

A Child Called It
I thought this book was amazing because how he suffered was really astonishing. I am wondering if his mother felt ashamed of how she treated Dave?
a girl (05/14/10)

It
I have read this book. it was heart touching and very sad. Why didn't she go to jail? I mean she deserved it.

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep
    by Kate Moore

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers