Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

Amy (12/21/11)

I loved the book when I picked it up i couldn't put it down, a story about a boy being abused :( But it's the best book I EVER read in my life
Ali cruz.3 (12/17/11)

The child called it was.. just..
This book is amazing .. so depressing. If I were him I wouldn't know how to survive . it takes so my strength and courage to survive though that!
Emmanuel (12/14/11)

Wow. This book is very good.
Jillian (12/10/11)

"the child called it"
It was a sad story, it's amazing how the story goes. How could someone just do that to a child. I recommend this book to anyone but EVERYONE!
byers1991 (11/24/11)

I read this book because it was recommended to me. It was an amazing book! Definitely makes you think twice when you say you hate your life if you don't get your way! You can read through this book and you will find that he didn't say he hated his life once! He did say he hated his mother but not his life! What she did to him was awful! I absolutely loved this book! I cried at least 4 times! GREAT BOOK!!
Jessy (11/21/11)

the child called it
This book is amazing. I'm not much of a reader, but when I read a page of it to please my sister I couldn't stop. If your looking for a good attention grabber this is your book.
Mariah (11/21/11)

A Child Called It
First book I ever read. I read it in one day. It was just sad to read. At times I felt like crying. Then at other times, I felt like puking.I don't know how anyone could ever go through that then be able to forgive. It's honestly amazing.
colwat (11/09/11)

Liked Book Across America
Well to start off I couldn't put it down because its just unspeakable. I definitely recommend this book to anyone. Just read the first chapter or two and see if you like it. I guarantee you will though.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.