Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Mary (03/21/03)

I'm from Brazil, and i bought the portuguese version of it. In my opinion, it's an excelent book! One of those you cannot stop reading until ypu reach the end.
Anonymous (03/14/03)

it was a wonderful book. Can't wait for the next one.
BookBrowse (01/21/03)

Liam Hearn is a pseudonym for a relatively well known author of children's books. Click on the author link at the top of these reviews to learn more.

... Davina, BookBrowse.com
SAL (01/21/03)

Fantastic book , my wife suggested it me after reading a review in one of her magazines , Liam Hearn NEVER heard of him before , waiting for the next book , i would recommend this book to anyone , has a good plot , plenty of action e.t.c and a little magic.
Nicolas James Garner (12/27/02)

This book has the clear markings of a brilliant and creative mind. Liam Hearn has just managed to create a wonderful work of fiction that left a seasoned reader like me craving for more. The relationship between Takeo, Shigeru and the enchanting world of the Otori shows the bearing of a book destined to be a movie!! (By the way, where are the other two books????)

The author has already written all three books so expect the next volume about a year after the first, and the third a year later - this is standard practise by publishers, designed to build sales/interest over a period of time - Davina, BookBrowse.com
Dennis (12/02/02)

Great Read. I couldnt' put it down.
Jon Ellis (11/03/02)

Across the nightingale floor writes of a magnificent journey of an unlikely assassin with tremendous talents through his search for revenge and love. this novel reminds me of the game Shogun:Total War and i recomend both to anyone.
Joseph Marchisella (10/23/02)

Lian Hearns "Across The Nightingale Floor" is a well constructed and vey entertaining read. The similarities in social stucture between those presented in the book and Fuedal Japan are startling and numerous. On the flip side of the coin the explanation that it exists in a fantasy world gives the book a rare double edged blade of depth. Thank you.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts
    Music of the Ghosts
    by Vaddey Ratner

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.

Y S M B, I'll S Y