MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Laura Matthews (02/12/07)

Across the Nightingale Floor
This is one of the best books I have ever read. It is a brilliant tale of Love, Violence and treachery. After reading the book I couldn't wait to read the sequels.
Rachel (08/01/06)

Remarkable
One of the best books I have ever read. This book is for just the love of reading a good story. One of the best elements was that it never got boring. I wish it lasted longer.
KIpperrip (01/03/06)

BookBrowse.com
possibly the best book ever! Didnt like the way all the people died in it though! But brilliant! Nothing like Harry Potter! Cant wait for 3 and 4 to come out!
chino (12/25/05)

I read it again and again!
I loved the book. I found it by mistake. It just caught my attention from the cover and i looked at the back. I was looking for a new book to help me waist time and I was sort of skethy about, but i got it any way. A few weeks went by before i finally opend it. When the time came to finally start reading i found my self stuck to it. i would stay up all night reading till i finished it Four days later. I just had to read it again. You will love the book and I highly recommend it.
Foxy Chic (11/28/05)

Across the nightingale floor
im only half through the 1st book and its gr8, i cant put it down its fantastic and i recomend it to anyone who needs a good read!!!
Alecia (10/08/05)

Across the Nightingale Floor
i thought it was a brilliant, interesting and mind-blowing book. It has all the characteristics that a book should have: adventure, suspense, romance and a good unpredictable ending. It is deffinately worth reading, and my opinion is that if you miss out on this series of extraordinary books, then you may never know what a good book is really like!

Alecia, 13
Loe (10/08/05)

Across the Nightingale FLoor
I enjoyed this book sooo much! I couldn't put it down. The book is written with such beauty and I felt as if I was really there. The issue of love raised is so electrifying. An excellent plot and unexpected ending. Can't wait to read the rest of the books!
amy (09/03/05)

i love it so much
an outstanding book liam hearn being my favorite author has blown me away i cant stop reading them for hours

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun