Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

jfbastos (06/26/03)

Across the nightingale floor is one of those books that will steal hours of your sleep. I only have time to read at night, but the plot is so well paced, that it will be hard to close the book and go to sleep. The events unfold in a rythym that just doesen't slows down. It's written in a very easy english. To all that love feudal japan i recommend this book. Enjoy, pure adventure...
scarecrow (06/24/03)

Do you like Harry Potter? Do you like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Do you like Lord of the Rings? ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is all of these books in one. I picked it up and have not been able too put it down since. Lian Hearn creates a world so well with words that you would think you were actually in medieval Japan. ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR is sure too be the next big thing with its comparisons to the above titles and with Universal studios picking up the movie rights. If you like these types of books you will love ACROSS THE NIGHTINGALE FLOOR! I cant wait for the secon part GRASS FOR HISPILLOW!
NN (06/18/03)

Once u start reading it, u can't stop until the last page

Anonymous (05/29/03)

too much violence and sadism. flat and disgusting. however. there are some glimpse in nature, traditions. could be more. No wonder the author did not sign. i hope it is simply tribute to overall cheap standards. Jim
Flynn symonds (04/28/03)

A book that exites and enchants, full of ancient Japanese secrets of tribes and clans. It's weakness was the failure to fully reveal the secrets explored of the nightingale floor. i would like to know more about the floor, sound arts and such.

Takeo was an appealing character, moral an sensitive. A great read.
Jessie (04/18/03)

I was completely hooked on this book and read it all in one sitting! The imagery and characters were so beautifully portrayed that I forgot about everything for a couple of hours and totally delved into Lian Hern's world. I can't wait to read the next one, I sincerely hope it is as good as the first.
Emelie (04/15/03)

It was absolutely wonderful! One of the best books I've ever read!
Mary Michael (04/14/03)

This book was okay. I never really looked forward to picking it up, but once I got going it was fine. Other people in my bookclub loved it......just a matter of opinion. If you like fantasy type novels, then you will probably enjoy.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

O My D B