MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Across the Nightingale Floor

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Mallous (11/11/03)

This book is a thrilling read, packed with suspence and excitement that brings to life japanese culture. This is a flawless, spellbinding book. It is a book that will change your aspect of the world. It has all the elements of the life of a teenager. I would recommend this book to anyone.
lissie (10/26/03)

i loved this book from cover 2 cover.because of the amazing description of the magical ancient world its set in, its irresistable love tale, and its powerful fight between calns, across the nightingale is the best book i think i have ever read. defnetly worth a read. (age 15)
Joy (09/30/03)

I thought this book was brilliant. If you enjoy similar books you'll LOVE this one. it is emotional at the end, had me and my friends in tears when we read it and it was sooo gripping I couldn't put it down. Thanks to the author and publishers of this book. It is a REALLY worth while read. I cant wait to read the rest.
shortstuff (09/15/03)

I love this book because it keeps u hangin there, u know, like you don't know what will happen nxt. I LOVE books that do that.

4 reasons why u should read this book r,

1. I can almost garuntee that u won't b able 2 put it down.

2. The plot is brill, it will keep u guessing

3. This totally tugs at ur heartstrings folks, I cried sooo hard at the end

4. It leaves u in suspense so u can't wait 2 read the nxt book
Animefun (09/12/03)

Best bok i have read in a long time
Bubblegumgirl (09/10/03)

I suppose what I read of this book was ok. I mean I read like the 1st few chapters then BOOM, I just could not be bothered to read it anymore! I think that this sudden dislike had something to do with the fact that reading this book was HOMEWORK.

Luv Bubblegumgirl x

Phillip (08/16/03)

This book is absolutly great. It has a well thought out, well paced and well realised storyline that grips you from the beginning. THe action, when it is described, is portrayed with an appropriate level of detail and is exciting enough to keep you interested. There is little to fault about this book, all aspects of it are handled sensitively and obviously well researched. Can't wait for Grass For his Pillow!
grandcannon (07/10/03)

I believe that a book should be an emotional rollercoaster, an engrossing plot and compatable characters. Across The Nightingale Floor has all three. So, you'll think, you stupid person, why aren't you giving it a 5. Well, if it didn't have a rape scene and the fact that I have a recurring dream that I'm getting a needle poked in my eye then i would be giving it a 5. But, I'll admit, though, this is a great read and after reading it three times I cannot wait for Book 2; which I hope will be just as absorbing as the spectacular first book. Oh yeah, if you want your sleep, don't pick up this book cos you won't sleep for a while.8:P

• Book Jacket: Girl in the Blue Coat
    Girl in the Blue Coat
    by Monica Hesse
    Set in Amsterdam in January 1943, Monica Hesse's young adult novel, Girl in the Blue Coat, ...
  • Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T