Reader reviews and comments on Across the Nightingale Floor, plus links to write your own review.

Across the Nightingale Floor

Tales of the Otori, Volume I

by Lian Hearn

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Aug 2002, 304 pages
    Jun 2003, 323 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Across the Nightingale Floor

Raziel the MechWarrior (05/31/04)

Read this book, I Command You! You will love it.
Jandor (05/09/04)

Lian Hearn's "Across the Nightingale Floor" inspires the reader with it's historical-fantastic atmosphere continuing the much beloved ancient history of Japan.
Darkmarvel (04/27/04)

This is a definite for those of you who love anime involving power full ninja.
Phil (04/26/04)

hey I´m from Germany and I must say this book is the best book I´ve ever read in my live!!!
Christina Li Volsi (03/24/04)

Excellent plot and page turner!!! I cannot wait to buy Tales of Otori II and III. WOW!!!
samurai3x3 (01/15/04)

an awesome book. i loved it from beginning to end. the action never gave up at any moment. most books out there now and days are great to read, but this one pulls you into the book everytime you read it. i was amazed and have read it twice it was so good.
posse (01/06/04)

I bought a pocket edition and started reading at 16:00, I had plans for other things, but I just couldn't let it go off my hands. Anyway it's 02:45 AM, and I finished it.

Highly recommended.
Jess (11/15/03)

This is brilliant writing. Fantastic. I was immersed. Before i read these books i wasnt too crash hot on japanese culture - not being a racist - but more or less not appreciative of the culture. the books converted me, and im wanting to take up the language and try it all over again. brilliant.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

In war there are no unwounded soldiers

O My D B