MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Niamh

Phenomenal. Utterly phenomenal.
This book was given to me as a gift at a time in my life in which I despised reading...And it was so good that here I am writing a review just to encourage others to pick it up! I have convinced so many of my friends, colleagues and family to read this novel; it provided guidance for me at a very difficult time and has transformed the way I look at the world. A beautiful story..worth reading all the way until the end and my goodness if you haven't already, pick up "The Next Person You Meet in Heaven" (the new sequel...It will blow your mind!) As well.
Meeting Mitch Albom is now number one on my bucket list. This book is a blessing.
Aniqa

Five People You Meet In Heaven
It is an extraordinary heart touching book. Well, I wont forget this book ever as it did bring a huge change in my life.
Nick

Moving
Read it.
taylor

Beautiful
I was forced to read this book, and at first I really didn't want to. Reading further, though, I found that this book is a mix of simple lessons, and wonderfully woven sentences that bring me to the verge of tears. I recommend this book to readers of all ages. As I fell into the story, I saw Eddie change, and felt myself changing as well. After reading this book, I don't think I'll ever be the same.
Ann

Such a wonderful book!
The book The Five People You Meet in Heaven was written by Mitch Albom, who is the same author who wrote the famous book Tuesdays with Morrie. It brings you into a place that we each have dreamed about: heaven.

In this book there is a character named Eddie who works at an amusement park called Ruby’s Pier. Eddie is an old man who takes care of all the maintenance at the park. This includes checking the rides, greasing the tracks, and keeping the place a safe environment. One day there is a problem with one of the rides that causes a fatal accident. Eddie dies and comes to heaven where he is taken on a journey through his life. At first, heaven is nothing like he expected at all. As he meets each of the five people his perspective is changed, and the true meaning of life is revealed.

There is such meaning in this book that will leave everyone wondering how his or her personal heaven will be. The way Albom goes through the five different people while incorporating the real life events keeps the reader entertained. The readers will not want to put this book down as it leaves you wondering what exactly is going to happen to Eddie.

This book will provide readers with feelings of joy, happiness, heartbreak and sadness. But what they will come away with will change the way they view this life forever. I recommend that everyone should consider reading this book. It will teach you as a reader what really matters in this life and let you see life as the glass half full instead of half empty.
Catherine

BBE(Best book so far)
"The Five People You in Heaven" is a great book. I had to a book report on it and I loved it. Too bad I haven't seen the movie yet:)
Ji

I love it.....
I read it for my English project and it is really interesting. It changed my views about heaven, and it inspired me.
Nicole

Awesome
This book is an outstanding, attention-grabbing and a New York Times bestseller. Mitch Albom has a way with words that makes you deem that you are in heaven with Edward experiencing the different lessons.

• Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...
  • Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...

American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins

A new American classic, and the first book to ever score a perfect 5-stars in BookBrowse's early reader program!

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I