Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 113 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Aniqa

Five People You Meet In Heaven
It is an extraordinary heart touching book. Well, I wont forget this book ever as it did bring a huge change in my life.
Nick

Moving
Read it.
taylor

Beautiful
I was forced to read this book, and at first I really didn't want to. Reading further, though, I found that this book is a mix of simple lessons, and wonderfully woven sentences that bring me to the verge of tears. I recommend this book to readers of all ages. As I fell into the story, I saw Eddie change, and felt myself changing as well. After reading this book, I don't think I'll ever be the same.
Ann

Such a wonderful book!
The book The Five People You Meet in Heaven was written by Mitch Albom, who is the same author who wrote the famous book Tuesdays with Morrie. It brings you into a place that we each have dreamed about: heaven.

In this book there is a character named Eddie who works at an amusement park called Ruby’s Pier. Eddie is an old man who takes care of all the maintenance at the park. This includes checking the rides, greasing the tracks, and keeping the place a safe environment. One day there is a problem with one of the rides that causes a fatal accident. Eddie dies and comes to heaven where he is taken on a journey through his life. At first, heaven is nothing like he expected at all. As he meets each of the five people his perspective is changed, and the true meaning of life is revealed.

There is such meaning in this book that will leave everyone wondering how his or her personal heaven will be. The way Albom goes through the five different people while incorporating the real life events keeps the reader entertained. The readers will not want to put this book down as it leaves you wondering what exactly is going to happen to Eddie.

This book will provide readers with feelings of joy, happiness, heartbreak and sadness. But what they will come away with will change the way they view this life forever. I recommend that everyone should consider reading this book. It will teach you as a reader what really matters in this life and let you see life as the glass half full instead of half empty.
Catherine

BBE(Best book so far)
"The Five People You in Heaven" is a great book. I had to a book report on it and I loved it. Too bad I haven't seen the movie yet:)
Ji

I love it.....
I read it for my English project and it is really interesting. It changed my views about heaven, and it inspired me.
Nicole

Awesome
This book is an outstanding, attention-grabbing and a New York Times bestseller. Mitch Albom has a way with words that makes you deem that you are in heaven with Edward experiencing the different lessons.
Courtney [High School Student]

The Five People You Meet in Heaven Review
This is an inspirational book that touches the hearts of those who read it. It was almost impossible for me to put down and always left the me eager to find out what was going to happen next. This touching story can relate to everyone’s life, and really gets the reader thinking about how connected everyone in the world truly is.

• Book Jacket: Tiffany Blues
    Tiffany Blues
    by M.J. Rose
    I admit it. I'm an M. J. Rose fan. But this time I believe she has outdone herself.

Set in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong Heaven
    The Wrong Heaven
    by Amy Bonnafons
    The narrators of the short story collection The Wrong Heaven are plagued by critical talking lawn ...
  • Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak