Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Kelsey

Great Book
This book is excellent. I am in 9th grade and i have to read it for school. I would recommend this book to anybody.

This book shows that people really do have a meaning for life and that everyone should love life. Live life to the fullest.
eldric mejia

Proud to be PINOY
The book is AWESOME. definitely a must-read book. Im a big fan of Tuesday with Morrie, so when i saw 5 people you meet in heaven, i immediately grabbed it from the shelves of the bookstore. I'm so into it, that i i finished the half of the book within 1 hour, then i was so surprised to find out that one of the settings is here in my country, PHILIPPINES. And it even has a Tagalog words in it, though it's grammatically wrong in our language. STILL, I'm proud to be PINOY! It's where the war happened. It definitely changed my image of HEAVEN, and it's definitely a better afterlife, so I can reflect on my pastlife and understand "WHY AM I EVEN HERE???"
JoAnna

Who would you want your 5 people to be?
I'm not the type of person who reads books, but my teacher reccommended i read it, so I did. And I have to say, it was THE best book I've ever read. really sweet and thought provoking. I think I thought for a week who my 5 people would be. I still can't decide.
wennie

This was a have to read book because it was our book club selection for the month of January, so I purchased the book and put it in my bedroom bookcase where it sat for months. With one week to go before the discussion, I thought I had better read that book.
I started it on Sunday night and finished it a couple of hours later. Wow, what insight, what imagination. This isn't the heaven that I hope for but it's a heaven to make you think. I have sat and pondered who would be my 5 people and of course cannot even think of who they might be.
This is well worth your read....its a fast read but I found myself the next day going over some of the chapters to better understand all its meaning.
Tonight is our discussion group and I am excited to hear what is said.
kel

very good and heartfelt book
James

What an Outstanding book! This book was better than Tuesdays with Morrie!!! If I were Micth Albom I'd be proud!
Jen

What an amazing book! It really makes you think about who your five people might be and what impact you've had on others. A recommended read.
Kelsey 12

This book is just simply wonderful. It makes you realize how important everyone is in your life. I absolutely loved this book. I hope that there is a sequel. There was so many amazing things in this book. Everybody in our lives affects us in some way.It is my all time favorite book in the world. I read the whole book in 4 hours. I could not put it down. I loved it . Thank you so much for writing this amazing book. I am encouraging all of my friends to read this book.

• Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...
  • Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira DĂ­az

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D