MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Kelsey

Great Book
This book is excellent. I am in 9th grade and i have to read it for school. I would recommend this book to anybody.

This book shows that people really do have a meaning for life and that everyone should love life. Live life to the fullest.
eldric mejia

Proud to be PINOY
The book is AWESOME. definitely a must-read book. Im a big fan of Tuesday with Morrie, so when i saw 5 people you meet in heaven, i immediately grabbed it from the shelves of the bookstore. I'm so into it, that i i finished the half of the book within 1 hour, then i was so surprised to find out that one of the settings is here in my country, PHILIPPINES. And it even has a Tagalog words in it, though it's grammatically wrong in our language. STILL, I'm proud to be PINOY! It's where the war happened. It definitely changed my image of HEAVEN, and it's definitely a better afterlife, so I can reflect on my pastlife and understand "WHY AM I EVEN HERE???"
JoAnna

Who would you want your 5 people to be?
I'm not the type of person who reads books, but my teacher reccommended i read it, so I did. And I have to say, it was THE best book I've ever read. really sweet and thought provoking. I think I thought for a week who my 5 people would be. I still can't decide.
wennie

This was a have to read book because it was our book club selection for the month of January, so I purchased the book and put it in my bedroom bookcase where it sat for months. With one week to go before the discussion, I thought I had better read that book.
I started it on Sunday night and finished it a couple of hours later. Wow, what insight, what imagination. This isn't the heaven that I hope for but it's a heaven to make you think. I have sat and pondered who would be my 5 people and of course cannot even think of who they might be.
This is well worth your read....its a fast read but I found myself the next day going over some of the chapters to better understand all its meaning.
Tonight is our discussion group and I am excited to hear what is said.
kel

very good and heartfelt book
James

What an Outstanding book! This book was better than Tuesdays with Morrie!!! If I were Micth Albom I'd be proud!
Jen

What an amazing book! It really makes you think about who your five people might be and what impact you've had on others. A recommended read.
Kelsey 12

This book is just simply wonderful. It makes you realize how important everyone is in your life. I absolutely loved this book. I hope that there is a sequel. There was so many amazing things in this book. Everybody in our lives affects us in some way.It is my all time favorite book in the world. I read the whole book in 4 hours. I could not put it down. I loved it . Thank you so much for writing this amazing book. I am encouraging all of my friends to read this book.

The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed