Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

by Mitch Albom

The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom X
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

Sep 2003, 198 pages
    Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Jessica

An extremely fantastic book that I would reccomend to anyone of almost any age (I'm 16 and couldn't believe how much I liked it).
John

Wonderful. light, easy reading with just the right amount of "leaving it to the reader" to interpt the meaning. I am a catholic and I liked this book a lot as I was not threatened by it at all. It is a must read book so that you can discuss it with all of your friends.
Northern Jersey

Very insightful and profound. It teaches us many lessons.
PaulCritic

I know this is not a forum to critique other people's reviews, but to be brief, I think Lauren's review directly below this one is rather unfair, and in my opinion, she missed the whole point of the book. The author's view of heaven's 'topography' didn't match her view, and that clouded her from the real message, which is that no matter who you are in this world--- no matter what religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other beliefs--- you mean something and you've made a great difference. Eddie's journey through the afterlife clearly shows how a depressed, lonely man can grow to realize he matters after all. It sounds like a great message to me, even if the description of the afterlife in it is one I don't totally agree with. Personally, I dont think that should bother any of us. After all, we won't know 100 percent what the after life looks like until we get there, no matter what spiritual belief system we may have.
vicki

EXCELLENT.
Ashley

This book was excellent due to the mystifying opinion that heaven is made for us to stop pondering why things happen in life. It gave the insight that the life beyond the one we are living could be an answer as well as a beautiful place to dwell. Ashley 26
Mark Maisonneuve

The book has a very engaging style using flashbacks that make for non-stop reading. The two central themes, that we are all connected, and that God cares greatly about each of us individually, are packaged in a fascinating story. I read one critic who complained it was typical modern mush, ignoring a God who will justly punish us for our sins. To that critic I say this is a story, not the Federal Register, i.e. it is not pages of detailed rules on the operation of heaven. It is a great introduction to thinking about heaven but shouldn't be the last thing one ever reads or ponders on the subject.
RECATEJR/MD

couldnt put it down..read in one sitting. may well change the way you view relationships.

• Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...
  • Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D