MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

by Mitch Albom

The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom X
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

Sep 2003, 198 pages
    Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

laina

I wish this was a true dtory
T C

Picked the book up while waiting in the store and could not put it down. Gave it to my 15 year old and he read it in one sitting. Given that 5 people close to me have passed away in the last month, it was a book that called out my name. It has provided me with much joy and meaning to this life we pass through. I went out and bought copies for my sisters and cousins. It is a book I will cherish for a long time. There are no random acts. This book searched me out and pulled me in and I will be forever changed as a result.
Jorge

This is a very good read. Made me think about my own life and how we really make a difference whether we know it or not. Read it as soon as you can. Well worth it.
Leslie

I am only seventeen. This book reminded me that we need to make each day count, because we never know which day will be our last. I found it comforting to know that all of our lives are significant and linked together somehow. We are all important and everything we do has an effect on someone else's life. This book gave me a sense of meaning to my own life.
trudy

This book was so uplifting. My mother has been battling cancer for over two years and I would like to think there are actually more than five people who have impacted her life. There is significance in everyone.
Elizabeth Smith

As someone who lost their father very recently, and was in desperate need of some comfort, this book provided it in spades. This book was like a delicious chocolate on your tongue, allowing it to melt as you savor it. I read a paragraph or two at a time and then would put the book down, close my eyes, and allow the words and comfort to wash over me.
Never has a book had such a profound effect on me. I just wish it had been longer!!
Sandy Galvin

This book is very touching and makes us wonder who will be our five people/
Betty Ann

I am 67 and loved this book as I loved Tuesdays With Morrie. The surprises of who we meet intrigued me in this waiting time of ours after death. It put me to thinking how I want to relate to each person I meet in future and to reflect on those who have touched my life and how I think about those I have touched. Keep writing Mitch.

• Book Jacket: The Kindness of Strangers
    The Kindness of Strangers
    by Michael E. McCullough
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Everyone, at some point in their life, has ...
  • Book Jacket: Hamnet
    Hamnet
    by Maggie O'Farrell
    William Shakespeare's name is never used in Hamnet — a conspicuous absence around which Maggie...
  • Book Jacket: After the Last Border
    After the Last Border
    by Jessica Goudeau
    According to the United Nations Refugee Agency, the number of displaced people around the world is ...
  • Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...

Migrations
    by Charlotte McConaghy

An instant bestseller set on the brink of catastrophe, for readers of Flight Behavior and Station Eleven.

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M