Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Oct 2000, 288 pages
    Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Someone

This book was VERY hard to follow and is made for OLD scholars ONLY! BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T

I ll give him an "A" for effort, but the book was horrible. I am reading it in my senior economics class and I cant understand it. I t is way too wordy, at least at the High School level, I read often, and found this book hard to follow.
AP US student

excruciating
This book was assigned to me for my advanced placement US history summer homework. This was a very bias and bland text. I do not recommend this to anyone unless you like headaches.
Gift

Why
I had to read this book for school and I literally wanted to cry it took me forever because I fell asleep every time picked it up. HORRIBLE BOOK.
Tyler

Awful
Over written,could be re-written in 40 pages, redundant and biased. I would not recommend to anyone.
...

Horrendous book
I have read PLENTY of college level books that are sort of boring but I was still able to get through, but this that I'm reading for AP US cannot even be explained in words how terrible it is. The author basically just took every word and found the most complex, difficult synonym for it, to falsify his intelligence. And let me say, I'm by no means dumb and I could NOT understand this book one bit. It also took me 4 hours to get through 50 pages due to how boring it is.
Relle

BoringBoringBoringBoringBoring
THE worst book I have read. Excessively repetitive, unnecessarily long, and freakishly difficult to understand. Why do smart people want to look smarter?! My high school brother has a textbook that has the same material...only his book is more interesting to read than this piece of junk!. Pure garbage
Rose

Founding Brothers
This book is got to be the most awful book I have ever read. I would rather slit my wrists than read the rest of it and I am only on chapter two. Ellis rambles unnecessarily for several pages using bombastic language to finally get to his point in one paragraph. It would be a good book because of the content without the overly sophisticated vocabulary and the trying to "come off as intellectual" attitude.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R