Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Oct 2000, 288 pages

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 186 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Chunk

The author chose some of the most trivial events to drone on and on about. It's the most boring book I've ever read. American history is not as boring as this book makes it.
Someone

This book was VERY hard to follow and is made for OLD scholars ONLY! BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T

I ll give him an "A" for effort, but the book was horrible. I am reading it in my senior economics class and I cant understand it. I t is way too wordy, at least at the High School level, I read often, and found this book hard to follow.
AP US student

excruciating
This book was assigned to me for my advanced placement US history summer homework. This was a very bias and bland text. I do not recommend this to anyone unless you like headaches.
Gift

Why
I had to read this book for school and I literally wanted to cry it took me forever because I fell asleep every time picked it up. HORRIBLE BOOK.
Tyler

Awful
Over written,could be re-written in 40 pages, redundant and biased. I would not recommend to anyone.
...

Horrendous book
I have read PLENTY of college level books that are sort of boring but I was still able to get through, but this that I'm reading for AP US cannot even be explained in words how terrible it is. The author basically just took every word and found the most complex, difficult synonym for it, to falsify his intelligence. And let me say, I'm by no means dumb and I could NOT understand this book one bit. It also took me 4 hours to get through 50 pages due to how boring it is.
Relle

BoringBoringBoringBoringBoring
THE worst book I have read. Excessively repetitive, unnecessarily long, and freakishly difficult to understand. Why do smart people want to look smarter?! My high school brother has a textbook that has the same material...only his book is more interesting to read than this piece of junk!. Pure garbage

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Coin
    The Coin
    by Yasmin Zaher
    A popular choice for book jackets in recent years, perhaps especially in the historical fiction ...
  • Book Jacket: The Night of Baba Yaga
    The Night of Baba Yaga
    by Akira Otani, Sam Bett
    When Yoriko Shindo gets into a brawl on a busy street in 1970s Tokyo, she has no idea what the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Anthropologists
    The Anthropologists
    by Aysegül Savas
    A documentary filmmaker, Asya is interested in the "unremarkable grace" of daily life, "the slow and...
  • Book Jacket: Mood Swings
    Mood Swings
    by Frankie Barnet
    This book begins with a bombastic premise. Seemingly fed up with the heating planet, the world's ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

L T C O of the B