What readers think of Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Oct 2000, 288 pages

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 186 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Nathan

I'm 16 as well and had to read this for my history class. I admit there were a few words I had to look up and at times I was confused. The fact that this book does not have a plot like normal novels made it seem slow and dull at times. However I realize that if Ellis had written this book in novel style he could not have given so many facts and key insights into the past. Ellis wrote this book superbly and the only reason not to read it is if you are not as verbose as this author. It's a book that gives you new angles on the past and insight into how our nation was formed so well.
Motomy

neverread the book
Sarah

This book was so boring, when I tried tor ead I feel alsleep. If it had not been assigned for my A.P. Government class I would not have read it
jenn

this book was ok. very boring at first but then ok
Diana

Worth reading. Very entertaining and informative but hard to get through. Dull passages make it hard to turn the page.
Jacob Valentine

Good points but a boring book all around.
notsmartenough

I'm not 76
This book would be good if I knew big words.....but I don't. Also, I found it very repetitive and drawn out.
mandi

boring but has good facts
The book is super boring but it does have a few parts that kinda helped me understand what I was learning in school a little better. Like when he described the duel. But the rest just about put me to sleep with how boring it was I couldn't even finish it. It wasn't the big words or any thing it was just SO boring!!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...
  • Book Jacket: Exhibit
    Exhibit
    by R O. Kwon
    Exhibit, R.O. Kwon's sophomore novel (after The Incendiaries, 2018), introduces readers to Jin Han, ...
  • Book Jacket: Somehow
    Somehow
    by Anne Lamott
    Anne Lamott knows a thing or two about love. In fact, there is so much of it exuding from her essay ...
    The Wings Upon Her Back
    by Samantha Mills
    Faith is a delicate thing. At its best, it can offer peace in times of crisis. At its worst, it can ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.
The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C