MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

katiee

Founding brothers
Worst book I've ever read in my entire life. The overly advanced vocabulary is simply unnecessary and makes what should be easily understood extremely hard to follow. I compare this book to a text book a student has in school.. Boring and dry.
Joey

Horriblee
The worst book I have ever read. It's almost like 100 facts and a biography, but written in the 1790's way of writing, with very abstract and large words that are not necessary.
Madison

Just Kill Me Now
This book has got to be the most despicable piece of literature ever written. I am a very smart and educated person but I could not understand this book at all! I continually fell asleep and could not focus. This book was pointless and terrible.
brandon

oh my god..
Literally wanted to shoot myself right in the face during this entire book. I don't know if I've ever read anything so boring and confusing in my entire life, and I'm 78. This man needs to move to Scotland and live there and not write books again3.
Jared

-_-
Seriously, this is the worst book ever.. I guarantee you if you took out the repetitiveness and biased "facts," then you'll get the whole plot in 30-40 pages. Straight up garbage.
Buckwheat

Horridly Excruciating
I had to read this book for my report this year. I must say, It's been one of the most excruciatingly painful ones I've ever read. I viewed it so much as being more than boring, but that I had to go back and reread it over again paragraph after paragraph until I finally understood what it was saying. I didn't finish the book. I found it that horrible. So! I'm now left with an F and a failing grade. And What's this? It's not even the 2nd week of school. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone, Other than history freaks and those that need something to put them to sleep at night. Good luck to those that do have to read it, And If you don't have to, Trust me, you Don't want to.
Brianna

Boring.
I literally fell asleep reading this book. It's extra boring and most of it doesn't even make sense.
David

Incredibly boring
This has got to be the most boring, and hard to understand book ever invented. I have to take a quiz on it this week which I will probably fail, because its not even readable. If you ever want to space out anytime, read this book because that is what will happen. Ellis uses words that I didn't even know existed, and there is no way in hell that I'm going to look them all up. If I could give this book a negative 5 out of 5, I would.

• Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed