Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

katiee

Founding brothers
Worst book I've ever read in my entire life. The overly advanced vocabulary is simply unnecessary and makes what should be easily understood extremely hard to follow. I compare this book to a text book a student has in school.. Boring and dry.
Joey

Horriblee
The worst book I have ever read. It's almost like 100 facts and a biography, but written in the 1790's way of writing, with very abstract and large words that are not necessary.
Madison

Just Kill Me Now
This book has got to be the most despicable piece of literature ever written. I am a very smart and educated person but I could not understand this book at all! I continually fell asleep and could not focus. This book was pointless and terrible.
brandon

oh my god..
Literally wanted to shoot myself right in the face during this entire book. I don't know if I've ever read anything so boring and confusing in my entire life, and I'm 78. This man needs to move to Scotland and live there and not write books again3.
Jared

-_-
Seriously, this is the worst book ever.. I guarantee you if you took out the repetitiveness and biased "facts," then you'll get the whole plot in 30-40 pages. Straight up garbage.
Buckwheat

Horridly Excruciating
I had to read this book for my report this year. I must say, It's been one of the most excruciatingly painful ones I've ever read. I viewed it so much as being more than boring, but that I had to go back and reread it over again paragraph after paragraph until I finally understood what it was saying. I didn't finish the book. I found it that horrible. So! I'm now left with an F and a failing grade. And What's this? It's not even the 2nd week of school. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone, Other than history freaks and those that need something to put them to sleep at night. Good luck to those that do have to read it, And If you don't have to, Trust me, you Don't want to.
Brianna

Boring.
I literally fell asleep reading this book. It's extra boring and most of it doesn't even make sense.
David

Incredibly boring
This has got to be the most boring, and hard to understand book ever invented. I have to take a quiz on it this week which I will probably fail, because its not even readable. If you ever want to space out anytime, read this book because that is what will happen. Ellis uses words that I didn't even know existed, and there is no way in hell that I'm going to look them all up. If I could give this book a negative 5 out of 5, I would.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: One Night Two Souls Went Walking
    One Night Two Souls Went Walking
    by Ellen Cooney
    In One Night Two Souls Went Walking, we follow a young interfaith chaplain as she carries out her ...
  • Book Jacket: Truthtelling
    Truthtelling
    by Lynne Schwartz
    The word "unsayable" can mean something is too vast to be put into words. Alternatively, it can ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...

The Patron Saint of Pregnant Girls
    by Ursula Hegi

Set on a German island in 1878, perfect for fans of Water for Elephants.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline
Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O