Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Meghan

Don't waste your time
Like many others I had to read this book for a class. The material was interesting but I can get through this book. It reads like the author used the synonym button to find large words. I can understand some words but not all of them are in my vocabulary. When I read it it sounds like this to me: "_____ of the _____ and the _______" He could have made a whole chapter fit into ten pages if he made so a normal human could understand it.
ap pshhhhh

this is such a bad book!!
Oh my goodness!!! I absolutely hated this book! it was super boring and it is just useless! the author did not format it well enough and I almost fell asleep! DO NOT read this book! save yourself!
Lil JJ

What the hell is this book about lol
All those who rated this book I think is out of their mind. I bet you even a college student would go to sleep while reading this book. To me, this book is like a punishment given to me by my whole family members.
Jenn

BAAHHHH!!
I just finished two chapters and I can't remember anything!!! Well, except for the actual story of the duel but that's it. What a way to spend two whole weeks of summer. ughh.
You know, I thought that my AP teachers would have learned by now to NOT give boring books for homework! We all fail the tests and quizzes. Maybe if they just gave us a book with a good story, we would learn without even realizing it. right??? Oh wow I really wish I could understand this book. Helppp...
Caleb

Very Bad Book
This book is horrible. If you go to a middle school a.k.a. eighth grade, and are in a gifted class, ask at the beginning of the year if you are going to read Founding Brothers. If you are, drop out of that class. This book is way to hard to understand. unless you're a nerd or something. I am 13 and have to do worksheets for this book per chapter. it sucks, and it's worth half of my grade.
Sally

The Founding Brothers!!!!!
This is the most boring book I ever had to read. I fell asleep when I was in the middle of reading the second page!!!! It's so confusing and boring!!! It makes me want to KILL MYSELF!!!! I would rather read a history text book..... This book should be burned.
another ap history student

confused
I agree wth mostly everyone here, this book is really really boring. I can't even read through an entire chapter without getting confused. Whoever gives this book a higher score must really love history, and seriously boring books. This is not a good book unless you love reading your history textbook. If I could I would give this book a 0, but since it isn't an option I have it a 1.
random

OMG!
this book is boring. Im taking AP US History and this book is all ova the place and its confusing. I don't understand how a high school person could read this. its also very boring and totally contradicts half the Men that we were taught as little kids were the best men in America (ex. Andrew Jackson). Also it will continue with the words "he" and "him" and then start to add another person so you have to go back up like 2 paragraphs to find out who the Original "he" or "him" is. Its completely confusing!

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...
  • Book Jacket: Jack
    Jack
    by Marilynne Robinson
    If you are a fan of Marilynne Robinson's Gilead series, you already know who Jack is. Chances are, ...

Ruthie Fear
    by Maxim Loskutoff

In this haunting parable of the American West, a young woman faces the violent past of her remote Montana valley.

A Girl is A Body of Water
    by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi

A powerful portrait of a young Ugandan girl and her family.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C