MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Meghan

Don't waste your time
Like many others I had to read this book for a class. The material was interesting but I can get through this book. It reads like the author used the synonym button to find large words. I can understand some words but not all of them are in my vocabulary. When I read it it sounds like this to me: "_____ of the _____ and the _______" He could have made a whole chapter fit into ten pages if he made so a normal human could understand it.
ap pshhhhh

this is such a bad book!!
Oh my goodness!!! I absolutely hated this book! it was super boring and it is just useless! the author did not format it well enough and I almost fell asleep! DO NOT read this book! save yourself!
Lil JJ

What the hell is this book about lol
All those who rated this book I think is out of their mind. I bet you even a college student would go to sleep while reading this book. To me, this book is like a punishment given to me by my whole family members.
Jenn

BAAHHHH!!
I just finished two chapters and I can't remember anything!!! Well, except for the actual story of the duel but that's it. What a way to spend two whole weeks of summer. ughh.
You know, I thought that my AP teachers would have learned by now to NOT give boring books for homework! We all fail the tests and quizzes. Maybe if they just gave us a book with a good story, we would learn without even realizing it. right??? Oh wow I really wish I could understand this book. Helppp...
Caleb

Very Bad Book
This book is horrible. If you go to a middle school a.k.a. eighth grade, and are in a gifted class, ask at the beginning of the year if you are going to read Founding Brothers. If you are, drop out of that class. This book is way to hard to understand. unless you're a nerd or something. I am 13 and have to do worksheets for this book per chapter. it sucks, and it's worth half of my grade.
Sally

The Founding Brothers!!!!!
This is the most boring book I ever had to read. I fell asleep when I was in the middle of reading the second page!!!! It's so confusing and boring!!! It makes me want to KILL MYSELF!!!! I would rather read a history text book..... This book should be burned.
another ap history student

confused
I agree wth mostly everyone here, this book is really really boring. I can't even read through an entire chapter without getting confused. Whoever gives this book a higher score must really love history, and seriously boring books. This is not a good book unless you love reading your history textbook. If I could I would give this book a 0, but since it isn't an option I have it a 1.
random

OMG!
this book is boring. Im taking AP US History and this book is all ova the place and its confusing. I don't understand how a high school person could read this. its also very boring and totally contradicts half the Men that we were taught as little kids were the best men in America (ex. Andrew Jackson). Also it will continue with the words "he" and "him" and then start to add another person so you have to go back up like 2 paragraphs to find out who the Original "he" or "him" is. Its completely confusing!

• Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...
  • Book Jacket: The Truants
    The Truants
    by Kate Weinberg
    The Truants opens with Jess Walker, a first-year university student in Norfolk, England, ...

American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins

A new American classic, and the first book to ever score a perfect 5-stars in BookBrowse's early reader program!

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I