BookBrowse has a new look! Learn more about the update here.

What readers think of Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers by Joseph J. Ellis

About This Book

There are currently 186 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

David

Incredibly boring
This has got to be the most boring, and hard to understand book ever invented. I have to take a quiz on it this week which I will probably fail, because its not even readable. If you ever want to space out anytime, read this book because that is what will happen. Ellis uses words that I didn't even know existed, and there is no way in hell that I'm going to look them all up. If I could give this book a negative 5 out of 5, I would.
J

Disgusting
I despise this book and author with a passion. Ellis' writing style is not only figuratively, but literally painful to read. His bias is obnoxious, his book is chock full of jargon that does not fit the context, and important elements are missing from the story. If I received one wish, I would wish for a time machine so I could 1) go to the future to know outcomes of races to bet on and 2) go back in time and prevent Joseph Ellis from writing this book in the first place (other reasons are irrelevant, but then again, so my first reason). I recommend this book to all that I dislike greatly. Specifically, Joseph Ellis.
Monique

Boring!!
Seriously, This Book Was Super Duper Boring! I'm Not Even Done With It I Don't Know Why I Was Assigned This Book, I Seriously Fell Asleep Reading It. It Repeats The Same Stuff Over And Over.
Matt

Aiyaaaaaaaaaaaaa
This book will give you a very clear definition of boredom. Seriously, reading the Mahabharpta was more enjoyable than this. Forced to read in American Studies 1 Honors. I would rather go to a furry convention than read this book. Do yourself a favor and don't read it unless you have to. Even so, fly through it as fast as you can, it will ease the pain.
ugh

BORING
I could usually get through any book pretty much in a day no matter how boring it is, but THIS BOOK. OH MANN. I couldn't even get past a paragraph. I opened it, read a sentence and put it right back down. I don't know why teachers are assigning this to high school students.
Jessica

This book is BORING!!!
I have to read this book for American Studies 1 Honors and I swear it is the most boring book I read. It is hard to read 5 pages without falling asleep. If I'm not mistaking, it took me 2-3 hours to read a chapter. I couldn't read any faster since it was so boring. Dying is faster. Don't read unless forced. More than half the people in school didn't read it.
ap us

horrible
It was awful. I literally fell asleep within 1 and a half pages of reading. I will take me a decade to read this horrible, boring story. Maybe less if I just commit suicide now. Do not read unless forced.
Agreed with others

BORINGGGG
I agree with the other 2 guys that wrote a review b4 me. This book sucks. Ellis took good pieces of history and wrote it in a way so that no one could understand. Dammit, go in a straight line, instead of curving back and forth. I'm going to go crazy. Bad bad book, do not read it, unless you are a crazy history nerd. Awful book.

Join BookBrowse today to start
discovering exceptional books!
Find Out More

• Book Jacket: Early Sobrieties
    Early Sobrieties
    by Michael Deagler
    Dennis Monk is sober now, and he expects some applause. Or at least some recognition that he's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Coin
    The Coin
    by Yasmin Zaher
    A popular choice for book jackets in recent years, perhaps especially in the historical fiction ...
  • Book Jacket: The Night of Baba Yaga
    The Night of Baba Yaga
    by Akira Otani, Sam Bett
    When Yoriko Shindo gets into a brawl on a busy street in 1970s Tokyo, she has no idea what the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Anthropologists
    The Anthropologists
    by Aysegül Savas
    A documentary filmmaker, Asya is interested in the "unremarkable grace" of daily life, "the slow and...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.

Members Recommend

The Very Long, Very Strange Life of Isaac Dahl
    by Bart Yates

A saga spanning 12 significant days across nearly 100 years in the life of a single man.

L T C O of the B

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare...