MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Founding Brothers, plus links to write your own review.

Founding Brothers

Feb 2002, 304 pages

There are currently 185 reader reviews for Founding Brothers

Allen

I HATE THIS BOOK...
I'm in a ninth grade honors US History class. My teacher ,which to top off my situation is my aunt, asinged us to read this book and answer question, write summary's, ect. I think one person in my class has actually been able to finish a whole chapter. This book bores me to sleep, literally. I fell asleep three times in one class period trying to get through one chapter , which i have still yet to do. The man who wrote this book has to much time on his hands. How else could he accomplish to confuse so many people with one book. I mean come on, give us a break, my sister who is in a honors english class in colledge can't even read this book. Its information is good and acurate, but the content was not made for those who have a life. DON'T READ THIS BOOK IT WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL....
jonathan

Lame
I think Im being way too nice to give this book a 1. It diserves a 0.2. I REALLY hate this book. I had to read it for my AP U.S History class, but I didn't even make it after the first sentence of the preface. This book was a total waste of my time. With the use of difficult grammar, I didn't understand a word. I don't think there is a way to improve this book.
jOdii

THIS WAS JUNK
this book was horrible! i didnt understand a word of it! who would assign this to a highschool students .. WE DONT CARE ABOUT IT!
Sarah

PURE NIGHTMARE
I had to read this book over the summer for AP US/VA History. I want to point out that I do like to read, so this is the 1st horrifying experience for me. It was overly analyzed and so DRY. History buffs may love the "disturbingly long details" that the author presents, but definitely not me!

After reading it for like an hour, I couldn't even tell what the last sentence I just read was about.
@llie

Horrible Book
All I know is that I had to read it this summer for AP History and it has to be the absolute worst book I have ever read in my entire life. It is so utterly boring...I am only on Chapter 3 and already I am completely sick of it...I just don't understand how any teacher could possibly assign such a horrible book to high school students. Everything I read I just kept thinking to myself "Get to the point already!" Completely redundant book. Uuugghh.
Taylor

Good, if you have a PHD in history
This book reads like a doctoral thesis. If you are a teacher, do not assign this impossible book for your students, especially if they are high schoolers. This book, while being absolutely difficult to read, is opinionated and sneaks assumptions out as absolute truth. To make it worse, no solid online study guides. I'd rather read the owner's manual for my Dell.
master maxwell

if you rated this a five you're complety crazy
words can not describe the horror!
estifanos

boring
oh man! this book is boring . i am not from the u.s ,so it was really hard for me to read this book . i can't belive that my teacher made me read this book. i am 15 and i could have done many things in the summer, but my teacher gives me this stupid assignment and i had to read it . hey i didn't know that real history would be this boring. i think fiction is good. hey i had to look up like everyword in the dictionary. i just came to this country 2 years ago . this is harder than i tought. i should probably get out of my ap class. this is boring . this is boring than talking to old people about life. hey pray to GOD to help you finish this book!

Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...
  • Book Jacket: Run Me to Earth
    Run Me to Earth
    by Paul Yoon
    Suspenseful and elegant storytelling in Run Me to Earth kept me turning pages even through traumatic...
  • Book Jacket: Beheld
    Beheld
    by TaraShea Nesbit
    Much like her debut novel The Wives of Los Alamos, TaraShea Nesbit's Beheld imagines a familiar ...
  • Book Jacket: My Dark Vanessa
    My Dark Vanessa
    by Kate Russell
    The plot of Kate Elizabeth Russell's My Dark Vanessa follows the life of Vanessa Wye, who at the age...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win The Firsts

The Inside Story of the Women Reshaping Congress

"An intimately told story, with detailed and thought-provoking portraits..."
--New York Times