Reader reviews and comments on The Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

Sep 2000, 352 pages
    Aug 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 59 reader reviews for The Rescue

Kristen (07/05/11)

Glued to your hands
As goal oriented as I am, I'm not the kind of person that would take a whole entire day to read a book. To be honest, besides school I never once read more than 100 pages in a day...to my surprise (and my family's) I never dropped the book. As I was sitting on the couch for 10 hours straight reading from beginning to end. It was that amazing...I feel like reading the whole book was an accomplishment yet at the same time it taught me so much in one day. This will take hold of the grip you have on this incredible book that takes you on a journey and keeps you on the edge almost the whole time.
Audrey (03/25/11)

The Rescue - Heartwarming Book
I too read this book in two days. I absolutely loved it, and identified with all the aspects of their relationship - the falling in love, the heartbreak. Also the relationship between Kyle the young boy and his mum made me cry. Thoroughly recommend the book and its author.
Claire (02/21/11)

Amazing!
This book is so heartwrenching. It is one of Sparks' best. I cried, laughed and smiled throughout the entire text. I could not put it down. Read this and all Nicholas Sparks books.
juicebox (02/20/11)

The Rescue
One of Sparks' best. I love this book! :)
a fan of his (12/18/10)

don't judge a book by its title
The people who haven't read much of books can never know how REAL his stories seem..and how touched you feel once you keep down the book. This book touched my heart like every other Nicholas Sparks books..I'm in love with him now!
Raelyn (08/12/10)

Best Yet!!!
The Rescue...what do I say???? My Favorite yet...Would love if it became a movie!!!!
Lola (08/02/10)

The Rescue
I've read a few of Nicholas Sparks' novels now. The Rescue is not one of his best. I admit that the story was okay, I found a lot of the characters' dialogue silly and useless. Sometimes less is more.
Emily (02/11/10)

The Rescue -Nicholas Sparks
I thought this was a great story by Sparks. It went through all the dynamics and really provided insight on something that could actually happen, like a mental illness, a one night stand resulting in a child, loss of a father/best friend, and being broke. It made me want to laugh, and it made me want to cry. I would read it over and over again.

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All