Reader reviews and comments on The Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

The Rescue

by Nicholas Sparks

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks X
The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

Sep 2000, 352 pages
    Aug 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 60 reader reviews for The Rescue

Amanda (03/05/02)

I had to pick a book for a report and I choose this one. I had not read this and I ask my very close friend if she knew of a book that she thought that I would like and she told me to read this one. I thought that it was an xcellent book. It really touched me. I nerve knew how hard it was to be a single mother and to rise a child with problems. I thought that this book was also interesting because it always want me to read and not to put it down.
Anonymous (11/30/01)

I loved this book!! It touched my heart in so many ways. I just had to cry when I finished reading it. It's one of those books that you just can't get enough of. Read it! Jamie- READ THIS BOOK!!!
Anonymous (09/12/01)

Crayola
I have an eight year old boy who is autistic. He was diagnosed four
years ago. I went thru lots of pain and of course joy teaching him the
basic things like understanding language that other children of his age
don't seems to have any problem with. I like this particularly scene
where Denise was watching Kyle sleep and she wished that in Kyle's dream
he was happy playing with other kids who understood him. That scene
brought tears to my eyes. I think at that moment Sparks really touched
my heart. I didn't know what drew me to read his book but now I know.
I really really enjoyed this book (being my first book). My next book
will be A Walk To Remember.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

Kristin
As with all of Sparks' novels, this one provides a large conflict and barrier the hero and heroine must pass through, though the outcome is definitely happy in this novel. I enjoyed every moment of this book. Adding in a son with a speech impairment made it even greater a triumph as the book ended. Sparks usually lacks happy endings, but does not fail in this story. And though it left me teary eyed, like all the rest, it was a truly great read.

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Finishing second in the Olympics gets you silver. Finishing second in politics gets you oblivion.

G O T P, B The P, F T P