MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

The Rescue

by Nicholas Sparks

The Rescue

Sep 2000, 352 pages
    Aug 2001, 400 pages

There are currently 59 reader reviews for The Rescue

Hannah (09/24/02)

It is the best book that I have ever read. I cried and laughed both. I recommend all of Nicholas Sparks' books to everyone.
Kelly (09/23/02)

i love his books and i am a big fan.
Brooke (09/20/02)

I was balling by the end of the book nothing could stop the tears...it was wonderful!!! it is a must read!
Kylie (08/28/02)

This story makes you laugh out loud at times and at others you will weep openly. This is one story where you are able to fall in love with the characters and embrace their essence. I wasn't able to put this book down until I had finished it, I found myself still reading it at 3 am. This book along with the 'Notebook' are high amongst my favourites. I have lent my copy of the 'The Rescue' to many of my friends - all who have loved this book. Nicolas Sparks has touched my soul....
I'm off to read 'A walk to remember'
Kari (08/19/02)

I have read four of Nicholas Sparks' books, and they are all very addicting. They are all on my favorites list, although The Rescue remains on top. I would recomend Nicholas Sparks to anyone who loves a good love story and doesn't mind to shed a few tears!
Carla Clifford (07/27/02)

Nicholas Sparks is amazing! The Resue is my favorite, Bend in the Road excellent in fact they all are! Once you start reading you can't put it down, so my advice before you start reading a Nicohlas Sparks Novel is to make sure you start it in the morning. As for his next book hurry up! I can't wait any longer. This coming from someone who has probably read 3 books since she left school 6 years ago until Nicholas came along.
Krystal (07/01/02)

I felt like I was amongst the characters, involved in their thoughts and emotions. I couldn't put the book down. It is one of Nicholas Spark's best, and one of the best books I've ever read.
Tricia (05/24/02)

I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan, and read anything of his I can get my hands on!! The Rescue is among my favorites!!

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun