Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Apr 2000, 288 pages

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for The Wanderer

Sarah

I was made by my teacher to read this book and so i sat down one night and started to read it was just once i picked it up i counld not put it down and so i finished half the book in one day. I really liked the book and it was somewhat showing girls can do anything. And went they went on the trip and everyone learned how to do something from everyone i thought that was really cool.
Kelly

I loved this book!

it was the best summer reading book i've read in a while!! I think i liked it so much because of my love for adventure, sailing and the open seas.

i rate this book a 5 out of 5 and would DEFFINETLY recomend it to everyone!DEFFINETLYloved
Stephanie

I had read this book in the fifth grade after grabbing it from the shelfs in the library. I was captivated by the way Sophie and Cody felt on their journey to Bombie. Now I'm in the eighth grade and I still only remember a little of the story. It was an excellent story filled with thoughts and wanders of the past and of what lay ahead of them. It's sort of hard to talk about this book since I haven't read it for a long time but what I really know is that I had enjoyed it greatly and I would enjoy reading it again. Not because I thought it was excellent but because of the detail and the way that Sharon Creech had written it to bring you into the story and have you feel as though you were on the Wanderer with Sophie and Cody. I hope you buy and read this book for many years to come. Ciao.
Joey Wardin

I think The Wanderer is one of the best books i've ever read before. It is better than alot of the other boring books.
KT

I loved this Book it was very exciting! I real did read it this time!
Jennifer Kirby

i love this book as much as l love the water
ketthia uong

The Wanderer is one of the best books I've ever read. The ending is more satisfying than Chasing Redbird, but the two books have many similarities.
Eowyn

I absolutly adored this book! I loved it so much that I did a report on it. The Wanderer catches you up in the story and sweeps you off your feet. I cried, I laughed and I did both at the same time while reading the superb book. This book is good not only because you feel as if you were Sophie trying to make your adopted family love you but beacause it is just mystical and magical this book is for the elf angel in you. I actuly kissed the book when I was done.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Mood Swings
    Mood Swings
    by Frankie Barnet
    This book begins with a bombastic premise. Seemingly fed up with the heating planet, the world's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    by Briony Cameron
    Our titular heroine's story begins in Yáquimo, Santo Domingo. Jacquotte Delahaye is a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Another Word for Love
    Another Word for Love
    by Carvell Wallace
    "I write about beautiful things because I live in a country that has tried to kill me and every...
    The Flower Sisters
    by Michelle Collins Anderson
    Michelle Collins Anderson's novel The Flower Sisters, based in part on a real tragedy that occurred ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone

L T C O of the B