What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Apr 2000, 288 pages

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for The Wanderer

Jalyn

Complex plot but a good story overall
This book is definitely not my top favorite but it is one of them. Everyone seems to have their own story but they all entertwine with each other in a way that makes the story beautiful. The aspects of nature she uses in the story only adds to the content of it. I would recommend this to people who just want a book to calm themselves.
Angie

The sea, the sea. It called and called to me.
This book is EXCELLENT! I don't understand how some people didn't enjoy this. Sharon Creech captures the reader's attention with her use of "ship talk", so to speak, and the alternations between the two main characters give the book an unique appeal. I got it for my birthday, along with "Walk Two Moons", and I read them each in a day (Hey, I'm a fast reader!). I could hardly stand to put either of them down!
I'm glad this book got the Newberry Honors Award. It really deserved it.
Esther

The Wanderer
It was the best book i've ever read.
Lisa

for all of u who rated tehis book a one nd complained about ti HAVE YOU WRITEN A BOOK LATLEY?!?!?!?!?!?!? its not an easy job!! i luved the book it was WONDERFUL!! if u cn write a better book that can win a Newberry Honor Book award??! this book is a GREAT book. i loved it.
Nay

This is a great book and great for anyone to read I'v read mayn books and this is one of teh best. If you love to read this is a book for you.
Jordi Raines

Sharon Creech did a great job on her books.
Tori Raines

This book is AMAZING,why would anyone not want to read it. All I have to say is that Sharon Creech did a GREAT job and that everyone should at least read it.
Danielle

I read this book for no good reason. I asked my school librarian for a book she thought I would like. She gave it to me and I havent stopped reading it. This Summer alone I have read it about 10-12 times. Everytime It may be the same story but it never gets boring! I would recomend this book to anyone.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...
  • Book Jacket: Exhibit
    Exhibit
    by R O. Kwon
    Exhibit, R.O. Kwon's sophomore novel (after The Incendiaries, 2018), introduces readers to Jin Han, ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C