What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Apr 2000, 288 pages

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for The Wanderer

vanita

It was a great book, good for all ages. It inspired me a lot!
Mario Lopez

I just wanted to say that I love "The Wanderer".It's a real cool book I really love you should make another book about Sophie and her family
Xaos

It was pretty good.
I thought it was pretty good, but not the best there could be - I mean, it seemed pretty cliched in some parts and it just didn't really stick with me. Maybe it's personal opinion, but the book didn't make me really stop and think; it was just something I needed to read for a book report. It kept me hooked in some parts, but was so boring at times as well. Still, I'd recommend it to my friends, mainly because out of the other books on the reading list, this one isn't /too/ boring.
Erin

I thought this book was a well written book. Well I was reading this book it felt liked Iwas part of the crew of the Wanderer. The best stories are the stories that it feels like you are in the book.
Andrea r.

it OK... it has it's ups and down....
mariel

This is the book i chose for my book report. In the beginning it was sort of boring but as i got toward the end it was VERY exciting!
Kimmy Berch

This book really made me want to learn more and morre about Sophie and her life.
Elissa cara

it waz fab. an awsome novle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Familiar
by Leigh Bardugo
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author Leigh Bardugo comes a spellbinding novel set in the Spanish Golden Age.

Members Recommend

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T