What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Apr 2000, 288 pages

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for The Wanderer

Tory

It's a really good book!
jessica

I JUST THINK ITS COOL!!!
Sarah

Just Amazing!
D.

I truly enjoyed sailing with this book. Sophie and Cody are great complex characters. Creech uses such descriptive prose that you feel like you are "sailing on" with the crew.
coolart

i just wanted to say that I love "The Wanderer".It's a real cool book I really love you should make another book about Sophie and her family called :The Wanderer2!
it waz fab,an awsome novle!!!! i totally agree with you. It was a great book!!!!!
it was a very good book. I read it in 4 weaks but i was only 10. I think outher people should reade it. It was a good book and im glad it won a medal

It was a great book, good for all ages. It inspired me a lot!

Nate

I totally agree with you. It was a spactacular book!!!!!
Nate

THis was a very good book. I read it in 4 weaks but i was only 9. I think outher people should reade it.:) It was a good book and im glad it won a medal
Brianne

This was a very good book I read it in 2 days because i couldnt stop reading it! It defantly deserved to win the Newbery Medal!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...
  • Book Jacket: Exhibit
    Exhibit
    by R O. Kwon
    Exhibit, R.O. Kwon's sophomore novel (after The Incendiaries, 2018), introduces readers to Jin Han, ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C