What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Apr 2000, 288 pages

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for The Wanderer

*GeNNy*

*This book is magnificent....Sharon Creech's book captures life,living, and being independent and have confidence in yourself. Most of Sharon Creech's books have touched me and eithor made me cry,smile, or be sad.....I just love this book!
Kurstin Downam

I thought the book was so wonderful, that Im going to do my book report on it.
Ayse

It was a great and interesting book,like most of sharon creeches books.I also liked it because it had a lot of adventure.
Emily

This book was great
Jacqueline

Hey i like it it was interesting. The wanderer way veryyyy good and it wasint Jacked up wanna be getto dude.
Cayli

This book was very adventures and how I like it. And it showed that girls can do what boys can. I also really enjoyed the bomphie story's. I eally liked Cody for a charachter he seemed to have 2 diffrent persanality's one: can act stupid but funny two:can be serious and get to work when is needed to. I really enjoyed this book also because it is really belivible, like it doesn't have fantisy's of stuff that wouldn't happen. I think you should read this book if u liek to learn stuff about the sea.
Sophia

Believe it or not but i can totally relate to this character, WE BOTH HAVE THE SAME NAMES!!!! Anyways, she is JUST like me and i absolutally LOVE the book. YOU HAVE TO READ IT! I love it.. if I were to rate it 1-5 i would rate it 100! thanx!!
Jasmin

This book was totally awsome! I think that its cool about Sophie and how she visits "Bompie" for the first time!!! Thank you SOOOOO much Sharon Creech for writing this book!!!!!!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Long After We Are Gone
by Terah Shelton Harris
After their father's death, four siblings rally to save their family home in this gripping and hopeful tale.

Members Recommend

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T