What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

mememe

Ella Enchanted
this book is awesome! i love this book, i can keep reading it forever! i love the story of it...it is interesting, and fun to read.. i love the characters and the prince char is so sweet! this is such an awesome book that i cant stop thinking of it..too bad it isnt extra long!!
THIS BOOK IS MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE!! they messed up the story in the movie, i liked the book much much much better! this is my favorite book! this is one of the best books i have ever read!
Lyle Perez

Ella Enchanted
I love this book. There are very few books in the world that I enjoy. This is one of those few books. Ella Enchanted is filled with thrilling cliff hangers that you just have to keep reading to find out what happens next. My reading teacher, Donna Washburne, loves to leave us with theses cliff hangers at the end of class each day. She liked it so much that she even writes to Gail Levine. If I could, I would do the very same but I have no idea what her address is or anything. I would love to read more books by this author but I want to finish Ella Enchanted first. In fact, I'm thinking of starting to write my own book. Maybe I'm a little young because I'm only 13 but my head is full of ideas that I can't wait to write down. I also write my own peoms and one of them even got published. I know I sound like some kind of artsy, boring, reading freak, but believe me, there's a whole lot more to me than that. This kind of stuff is just a small portion that makes up me!
kristi

loved it
Ok first of all I loved!!! the book. I am 15 years old and I have a 10 year old brother that realy loved the book as well. I thouth the author did a great job of puting a new twist on an old story. You should diffently read this book.
Liz

I am fourteen and I read this book when I was nine (and what attracted me to it in the first place was that the girl on the cover resembled my sister - then of course I read the summary and just had to get it). I started reading it in the mall while my mom shopped and I was so engrossed I just couldn't stop. The characters are so real and likeable (or, as in the stepfamily and Ella's father's case, unlikeable). It is a version of Cinderella so much better than the original. The dialogue is witty and cute, the characters wonderful (I love Mandy and Char), and when Ella is sad or happy you feel the emotions right along with her. The Harry Potter series and Ella Enchanted are my favorite books of all time! In fact, my copy of Ella Enchanted looks far older than it is - after so many rereadings the binding has fallen apart and the pages are coming out (I reread it at least once a year). The movie isn't anything like it and as a result isn't half as good. You must read this book!
khtdfghdjgfde

This book was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like my favorite Book EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophia Honderla

Ella Enchanted is a great book although i believe that Gail Carson Levine likes to have mothers that either die or get lost etc... its funny.

Gail Levine also wrote the two princesses of Bamarre. It is also very good....
Kessa Turnbull

I love this book because it has romance, adventure and so many other things beside. I think they didn't do it credit by changing it so much for the movie.
Bloing

My friend needed me to read the book for a porject, so she lent it to me. I read it in one day, and have to say that it is now one of my favourites, just before 'Harry Potter' 'The Hobbit', 'The Princess Bride', and 'The Lord of the Rings'. Oh yes, I have existed for 13 years, but I'm legally 12.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: Bad Cree
    Bad Cree
    by Jessica Johns
    Jessica Johns' debut novel Bad Cree was inspired by her desire to disprove the idea, suggested by an...
  • Book Jacket: The Terraformers
    The Terraformers
    by Annalee Newitz
    Sask-E is a planet that Verdance, a major terraforming company, has big plans for. Their business is...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Pirate
    The Light Pirate
    by Lily Brooks-Dalton
    The lynchpin of The Light Pirate by Lily Brooks-Dalton, a novel split into four parts, is the main ...
  • Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

Exiles
    by Jane Harper

A captivating new mystery from New York Times bestselling and award-winning author Jane Harper.

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win French Braid

French Braid
by Anne Tyler

From the beloved Pulitzer Prize–winning author, a joyful journey deep into one Baltimore family's foibles.

It's A G T Me