What readers think of Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages

Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 201 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Teresa Morris

way better than any other book
This was an epic version of Cinderella, but waaaaaayyyy better! I love it because Ella can't choose to not do what someone says. She's a rebel, forced to serve her stepfamily. She isn't docile and obedient naturally, like Cinderella, she's rebellious, forced to be obedient.
Lulu

Awsome review
I loved so much this book, i hope that all of you guys will also enjoy this book as I do.
jade

ella review
This book is a good inspirational book. I based my last project on this book and got an 'A'. A great book for kids and I think that all kids should get a chance to read it.
Eleanor

My Recommendation
Like the movie, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine is a wonderful book for kids and adults. The story has a definite fairy tale feel, but it goes beyond the original Cinderella story with quirky characters and a strong female lead, one who doesn't wait for her prince to save her. If you're a fantasy or fairy tale reader, this one is a must!
Rachel

Ella Enchanted
I love this book. It is the best book I have ever read. It really shows girl power, and that you can do any thing if you believe. Gail Carson Levine really knows how to make a book come alive. When Ella was happy so was I if she was sad, frustrated, scared, I was also. And I love how she put it all together. With the fairies, ogres, elves, giants, and other mystical creatures it felt like a fairy tale but different. For every one not just little kids. I am 13 years old and not at all a book reader, but when I read Ella Enchanted it is only book I read and I so enjoy it. It has changed me.
Now that I know that Gail has written other books I definitely will check them out. I hope she writes more like Ella Enchanted!
Eac

Woah!
This book really moved me. Ella, and the other characters were so real! I would recommend this book a thousand times. I loved it! Comparing the book to the movie, the movie looks horrible! great book!
Elaine Mero

Ella Enchanted Review
This book is really good. As a 6th grader that does not like to read, this book is fantastic.I feel like reading this book over and over again. I am planing to read all your books. Thank you for making reading fun for me Gail Carson Levine!
Brianna

this book is the best book ever
I recommend this book to any body who enjoys fantasy and romance. I loved Lucinda and how the author, Gail Carson Levine thinks about Lucinda like how she smelled of lilacs. This author writes excellent books I also loved how she explained Char. He was really interesting and I love how the author makes Ella sound . This book is awesome.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide