MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

awesome book.
This is the best book I've ever read! (:
Maya (10/17/08)

Extremely poor
As a point of view in literature it's extremely lacking in all senses, characters, story is too predictable, and the end stupid. Even for a girl it's a torture to read it. People might like it because it's sentimental, but you don't need a book to cry, for that we already have films, it can be a great film but has a book it's not worth!
Ashley (09/13/08)

The Notebook is AMAZING!!!!!
This is the best book ever. It makes me cry every time I read it. He does so well describing Noahs and Allies love and it makes me wish for the same thing. this is defiantly a book for all of those who are major softies and have a desire for true and everlasting love! I would recommend this book to everyone!!1
katarina (01/31/08)

the notebook
I give this a 5 because the author Nicholas Sparks wrote it in a way no other author I know could have written a book, not just how he goes back to the older man reading but how he wrote the words they give life to every page it was like you were there.
Courtney (01/15/08)

A Book Worth Picking Up
I saw the movie and then found out that The Notebook was actually based off of a novel written by Nicholas Sparks.
However, I was disappointed. It was still an excellent book, but what I liked most about the movie was that it revolved around their summer romance when they were younger. But in the book, it doesn't have anything like that really. It mentions a few things, but overall it's more about Noah and Allie getting back together.
I liked the movie better, just because half the movie's about them when they were younger. However, The Notebook is still on my bookshelf as one of the best reads I've ever picked up. I enjoyed reading it.
BMQ (11/06/07)

The Notebook
The book The Notebook was very good. it had a very good message to it which was to listen to your heart. When you are stuck in a situation that needs solving, you listen to your heart and do what you think is best. When Allie went and visited Noah, and became close to him, she didn't know what to say to her husband, Lon, about it. My dad used to date a girl. after i started going over to my best friends house and became close to them, he got close to their mom. my dad did what he thought was best for everybody and broke up with his old girlfriend and started dating my friends' mom. now everybody is happy and o one would want anything to be any other way. Listen to your heart.
shandi (04/19/07)

Danggg!!
It is soooo good.
It makes me cry every time I read it, it so sweet.!!
anna (03/27/07)

the best
This was a very good book it is the best by Nicholas Sparks.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday
    by Susan Rivers

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages