Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks X
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 124 reader reviews for The Notebook

Hannah (09/27/10)

In response to Amelias review.
Amelia, you dislike this book so much because Nicholas Sparks didn't have good enough descriptions in the book for you? I'm pretty sure you won't find many love stories better than this one. You hear a lot of great reviews on this book because the storyline is just beautiful. If you don't think so, it's your loss! Thousands of others have felt the emotion from the book, and it is really, really inspiring. You aren't moved by this book? Too bad! That's your loss, and I feel sorry for you.

The Notebook is an amazing, inspiring and heart-warming book. I recommend to everyone.
keren danielle (07/21/10)

the classic
It was really awesome! Noah was the best man on earth! Even when Allie leaves and forgets about him, he still stays beside her!!!
Briyan ( : (04/23/10)

Good. (: :)
I think this was a very very good book, and I love the movie too. It is very romantic. I want something or someone to be like that to me; I want a cute guy that would treat me right maybe I'm not pretty enough! Oh well, I want a miracle for someone cute nice and dresses well to go out with me for a while. ( :
stephany savage (02/11/10)

great book
This book a true romantic will enjoy. Noah & Allie have a great love that no one can break nor can see.
FRANK (09/08/09)

My life as it is tight now
I am living this life right now. Identical - all of it except we haven't made it to the end. The 1st love , the rejected boyfriend joining the forces, my being a nurse and a painter, finding a stable wonderful life partner, and then 40 years later a reunion. How I cope with this I don't know. This story has really affected me in more ways then you can ever imagine.
wyeth (05/27/09)

The notebook, A walk to remember and Dear John
Its so full of love.. A love that is enduring... full of feelings that can touch your heart and make your tears run down from your eyes.. I love reading Nicholas Sparks' novel.. Its Great!! Full of feelings that comes from within..Thanks for writing it. More power and God Bless
Anna (05/19/09)

question
First off I want to say : this book was wonderful. I cried so much my eyes had turned red.
Second : I had a question; this was the first book I've read of Nicholas Sparks. Are there any other books of him you would recommend ?
I really love this book , and I want to read another great book of his but I'm afraid I'll get a book that isn't so good and be disappointed. :(
Anna (04/09/09)

LOVE NICHOLAS SPARKS' WRITING!
Amelia, you have no heart what so ever! I can't believe what you think about his books. I have read so many of his books and I am only 16 and I have cried at the end of every single one of them. Nicholas Sparks is such a fantastic writer and he puts so much emotion into his beautiful writing, anyone with a heart could see that.

• Book Jacket: Only Child