Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 123 reader reviews for The Notebook

Jena (08/29/11)

The Notebook
I have seen the movie and fell in love with it. I never expected it to be so good. My favorite part is the fight scene. I love the movie so much and the book I can't wait for it to come on again.
Nasser Alzaby (04/26/11)

Great Love
Hello Everyone, I would like to just share you my thoughts about this novel.
when I started reading this novel I thought I am kind of reading my biography. In fact, this novel shows that sometimes love can last a lifetime. Nicholas did great job when he indicates this young love story struggling to keep existing when Allie and Noah, who are main characters, came from different worlds to face all the challenge together to keep their love forever. In this novel there are different themes such as racism, parent control, love, determination, and sacrifice. I really recommend this novel strongly. It is one of those books we keep in our home library.

I would like to say thank you Nicholas for this amazing work you introduced it to us.
Petronella (04/01/11)

The Notebook
This book is my favourite. I just love it.I am not really into sweet stories,but this one just caught my heart.
princess fontanilla (02/20/11)

nice love(-)
Wow. it is so magical story ... I had ever read...I like it very much . when Noah and Allie were first night that they met together in the carnival and their were happy together ... I was amazed when Noah asked Allie to dance with him in the middle of the road...
Catiez Katz (12/07/10)

Awsome:)
I am a 13 year old and i think this book is one of the best Nicholas Sparks book I have read. It is so touching, and goes into very good detail. I would totally advise this book to any teen or adult it is so awesome believe me.The first I read was Dear John and then I got obsessed with Nicholas Spark's books. My mom calls me a book worm.
carmen (11/22/10)

book & movie
Although I did not fully read the book, as I watched the movie I noticed they did not change much of the story only simple parts. I am glad of this because I much rather it be mainly the same. Personally I enjoyed the movie because it had a little more spark and you where able to see everything playout right in front of you. However I did enjoy the book and applaud Nicholas Sparks greatly. This story was touching and very well written, it is also hugely creative. Nick Cassavetes did a fantastic job at recreating the most romantic story I have ever read! No matter how many times I read this book or watch the movie it will always impress me and touch me on so many different levels.
Christy Wilson (10/09/10)

OMG(:
This is one of my favorite books. I have read it over ten times. The movie is great toO, but the book; well I fell in love. I think everyone should read this book. It is very detailed and just amazing
Hannah (09/27/10)

In response to Amelias review.
Amelia, you dislike this book so much because Nicholas Sparks didn't have good enough descriptions in the book for you? I'm pretty sure you won't find many love stories better than this one. You hear a lot of great reviews on this book because the storyline is just beautiful. If you don't think so, it's your loss! Thousands of others have felt the emotion from the book, and it is really, really inspiring. You aren't moved by this book? Too bad! That's your loss, and I feel sorry for you.

The Notebook is an amazing, inspiring and heart-warming book. I recommend to everyone.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

Never read a book through merely because you have begun it

K Your F C