Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

*~Abby~* (10/31/04)

This Book touch's your heart and makes you beleive that anything is possible.. i recomend this book For all ages-- 13 years old
elle (10/20/04)

It is most wonderfull book i have ever red. It woke some spesial fellings in me and with every page i red made me fell warmer from inside. I lived all the experiencess that the carecters did, and enjoyed this book as i never enjoyed any other book before.
georgia (10/11/04)

this is the best book ever. It wasn't sappy or to overly romantic but just sweet. if you have no inspiration to fall in love, you'll definately change after this expierence. I encourage everyone to read it. The words and meanings of this book is what everyone seeks in the world today.
Mary (10/06/04)

I'm 19 years old. I am a librarian for the Muncie Public Library systems. I have been for almost 3 and a half years. I read a few best sellers, every now and then. A friend of mine from work told me that I would like this book. I'm no expert. I don't try to be. However, I was very disappointed in this book. I thought that the story was very sad, and it made me more mad then anything. Although the ending was sweet, it just made your heart break. I don't like books that do that, every book should be in some way uplifting. This one just dragged me down! So, no, I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, unless you are having a terrible day and you want to read a story that makes you feel even worse!
Megan (09/19/04)

This book is the best book that I have ever read....It was the first book that made me cry...and I dont cry while reading a book....I loved the movie also it was one of the best movies I have ever seen which also made me cry too....Nicholas Sparks is an amazoning writer and I hope to read much more of his books.....and I hope he keeps on writting more and more books....
tin (09/18/04)

"it swept me off my feet! twas one of the best romantic movies i've ever see! twas worth seeing!"....love is patient. love is kind.
rhoda t castillones (09/17/04)

I LOVE READING THIS BOOK...............THIS GAVE ME A CHANCE TO TREASURE THE LOVE THAT I HAVE FROM MY FAMILY , FRIENDS& LOVE ONES...................................FROM THIS BOOK I LEARNED TO DEAL THE LOVE THAT I HAVE TO OTHER PEOPLE, IT CAUSES BIG TRANSITION TO MY LIFE.AS I READ THE BOOK...I ASK MYSELF AM I WORTHY TO RECEIVE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FROM PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS BEEN SO SPECIAL TO ME...............I GUESS THIS STORY WRITTEN BY MY IDOLIZED AUTHOR TOUCHES THE LIFE OF EACH INDIVIDUAL........THUS, THIS STORY BROUGHT MORAL VALUES TO EACH PERSON WHO EXPERIENCE THE SAME THING.......................................................THEREFORE THIS STORY MUST BE READ......................................................................................................THE STORY THAT INSPIRED THE LIFE OF EACH HUMAN BEING........................................................................IM JUST 16 YEARS OLD BUT THE STORY GIVES MUCH UNDERSTANDING IN ME....TO LOVE & TO BE LOVED...................................................................................THE GREAT FACTOR THIS STORY EXTENDS.............................SO FOR YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVE NOT YET READ THE STORY................................YOU BETTER TAKE TIME READING THIS PERFECT LOVE STORY.....................(=>
Noelle (08/20/04)

This book was the epitamy of the perfect love story. I firmly believe that a love like this is possible and it is my dream to some day have a love like this for myself.

• Book Jacket: The Romanovs
    The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All