Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks X
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 124 reader reviews for The Notebook

Misty (11/17/04)

I don't like to read much but this book is undoubtedly a brilliant book....... The book never lost my interest not even for a second
Vickii (11/11/04)

it was really good. i cried and cried and cried.. the movie is awsome as well... the characters are so good and while reading the book, you feel like you were right there watching it all happen.
*~Abby~* (10/31/04)

This Book touch's your heart and makes you beleive that anything is possible.. i recomend this book For all ages-- 13 years old
elle (10/20/04)

It is most wonderfull book i have ever red. It woke some spesial fellings in me and with every page i red made me fell warmer from inside. I lived all the experiencess that the carecters did, and enjoyed this book as i never enjoyed any other book before.
georgia (10/11/04)

this is the best book ever. It wasn't sappy or to overly romantic but just sweet. if you have no inspiration to fall in love, you'll definately change after this expierence. I encourage everyone to read it. The words and meanings of this book is what everyone seeks in the world today.
Mary (10/06/04)

I'm 19 years old. I am a librarian for the Muncie Public Library systems. I have been for almost 3 and a half years. I read a few best sellers, every now and then. A friend of mine from work told me that I would like this book. I'm no expert. I don't try to be. However, I was very disappointed in this book. I thought that the story was very sad, and it made me more mad then anything. Although the ending was sweet, it just made your heart break. I don't like books that do that, every book should be in some way uplifting. This one just dragged me down! So, no, I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, unless you are having a terrible day and you want to read a story that makes you feel even worse!
Megan (09/19/04)

This book is the best book that I have ever read....It was the first book that made me cry...and I dont cry while reading a book....I loved the movie also it was one of the best movies I have ever seen which also made me cry too....Nicholas Sparks is an amazoning writer and I hope to read much more of his books.....and I hope he keeps on writting more and more books....
tin (09/18/04)

"it swept me off my feet! twas one of the best romantic movies i've ever see! twas worth seeing!" is patient. love is kind.

• Book Jacket: Winter