MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

Mandy (12/27/04)

I loved this book.. it shows everlasting love and that you'll forget your first love....
Liz (12/23/04)

This book was actually somewhat disappointing for me because from the reviews that I had read I expected The Notebook to be better. The plot seemed somewhat cliched and something which irritated me was the author's constant use of "God he/she looked good". It was still a good read however and poignant at moments, but not enough to move tears to my eyes. Still, all in all, a very enjoyable novel able to be read at one setting.
kristen NY (12/05/04)

This book was amazing, I personally am in a relationship that started similar to the novels, and it gave me hope, and excitement for the future of love!
ruth c magadan (12/02/04)

the most poignant love stories that you'l ever read
Amy N (11/28/04)

I read this book while on an airplane to visit my best friend with my new boyfriend. My heart pounded and I cried as if this was my life. The writing in this book is excellent. The reader feels as though they are in the book. I loved this book. Excellent Excellent.
Amy (11/18/04)

This is the best love story ever....I cried my eyes out reading the book and watching the movie!
Misty (11/17/04)

I don't like to read much but this book is undoubtedly a brilliant book....... The book never lost my interest not even for a second
age-19
Vickii (11/11/04)

it was really good. i cried and cried and cried.. the movie is awsome as well... the characters are so good and while reading the book, you feel like you were right there watching it all happen.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T